Pre-order

theBrit

Originally posted by Ted:

Will there be a demo before the release?

It's been posted that the demo will be released near simultaneously with the full version. Not a big fan of this idea, but I guess they are using the last few weeks to continually polish the game, and the demo.

Well, Moon said 'middle middle' of March. Since March has 31 days, this means 15 and a half day. Pre-order must start at high noon on 16th March!

If we keep time zones in mind, we can give him a two day's grace.

But I recomment to gather tar and feathers anyway. Just for the case.

[ March 14, 2007, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Scipio ]

Originally posted by Nicdain:

It seems there will be a delay in the announcement of the release and pre-order date due to an unexpected bug - take a look at the blog

I'm not sure how this can put the official announcement back, but not the release date, given the nature of software bugs. That becomes a hostage to fortune.

I'd also like to see these announcements being made here on the forum.

I understand we have a problem with the code...but in essence why does that stop buying the game pre-order? Surely we are entering into a contract that when the game is released we have instant access and download rights...not to mention a reduce 'Pre-order' price.

'When' at this stage is not important, as we know its not going to be delayed by months, dont we? :D

Why cant they simply release the single player portion of the game now, and then release the downloadable multiplayer next when it is fixed. Everyone is tired of waiting and this way we can atleast play the game for awhile and get use to it. then play multiplayer when it is ready. I for one would not mind if they took this approach. It just seems like more excuses...

Mike

*irony on* great idea *irony off*

It's no excuse, it's honest community support. They could have said nothing.

I don't understand people. Bitching around because of no information, bitching around because there are information.

No possibilty to please people.

It's just the official announcement that is delayed, not the release.
So far it's just an info, that a problem with the multiplayer part occured. Nothing more.

I concur. Delays are simply the nature of the software industry. The developers/publishers are merely being prudent by not promising a specific release date before they are ready. People may whine when a title is delayed, but the very same people will be the first to whine even more if the game is released in a poor state.

Moreover, their decision not to accept preorders shows that they respect their customers. I have seen games for which preorders were accpeted and then the product was delayed for weeks or even months. That is a nightmare for all sides involved, and I am glad to see that Battlefront does not engague in such practices.

As for the question of releasing the single player alone, I seriously doubt it is that simple. If the game was not designed to be modular to begin with, then you can't just rip out a portion of it and expect that portion to work by itself.

I have seen games for which preorders were accpeted and then the product was delayed for weeks or even months.
My pre-order for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was placed on 27th April 2004 so it will have been on pre-ordered for just under 3 years (assume it does finally ship next week).

Of course there is an upside in that I should be one of the first in line to get the Limited Edition Tin and I will be paying £7 less that the current price ;)

[ March 16, 2007, 05:01 AM: Message edited by: Matchstick ]