Walkthrough at Tweaktown Gamer

Moon

Nice one Moon...

Reading now, thanks!

[Edit] Read and a good little read too. It helps get a clearer idea of control, which is nice. I did note that in the Anti-tank walkthrough that the germans panicked quite easily..and from a serviceable tank too. I hope for the games sake they were GREEN troops. ;)

[ March 02, 2007, 04:14 AM: Message edited by: theBrit ]

Yeah looks a treat. One question: how do the enemy know that you have captured the tank before it actually fires on them? Is it immediate - because the floating icon is different, or is there a delay while they 'think' it is one of their own?

Moon,

I know that Battlefront has been working on realism enhancements to the original Russian developed game. I am curious to what extent individual soldiers will be limited by their weapons training such that they cannot just simply man a field piece or crew a tank simply because it's there?

Years ago I played a little bit of Operation Flash Point. Although fun to play, I was always amazed at how I could jump into a tank or helicopter and simply operate it. I hope TOW is not going to be so lose with skills and training such that the battlefield becomes a big grab bag of goodies. Whereas it may be true that every gunner and tanker knows how to handle a rifle, the converse probably wouldn't be.

Thanks.

markshot - yup, that's one of the many areas we addressed in the past months working with 1C (I cannot stop repeating how great their team is to incorporate the myriad of additions we asked for!). We've added limitations on which soldiers can use captured equipment. It's now based on the skill level of the soldiers, and it depends also on the type of weapon to be captured. Picking up an enemy MG gun from the battlefield is something that almost all the soldiers can do, but jumping into a tank requires higher skills for gunnery, driver etc. And even if you have the minimum skill, your performance with the captured equipment will vary depending on your skill.

Since you cannot take captured equipment from mission to mission (we wanted to avoid that your US core force will end a campaign with just Panthers and Tigers smile.gif ), this really limits the usefulness of capturing enemy stuff.

Martin

Great Review/walkthrough !

Few questions though :

- Talk about a squad, but only 4 men are there - I hope this is only for simplyfication in tutorial and real russian squads are 12 men ?

- They capture a german MG 34 - but there is also the russian Maxim in the game right ?

- Snipers against AT gun - could the AT crewmen also ordered to abandon the gun and fire with small arms on sniper instead of rotating gun and trying to fire with it ?

Sorry for being curious ..

Wolf