Tanks vs. Planes

ajj1912

Has anyone witnessed the AA 50 caliber on a Sherman score a kill on any enemy plane providing CAS??? Is it feasible? :cool:

If one plane is destroyed from a bomber group, will that bomber group attempt another bombing run??

Could spent fuel and ammo modify vehicles performance in future releases?

Originally posted by MEYER_1944:

What about the prospects of a shot down plane taking out vehichles???

Because this happened ALL THE TIME.

Meyer, name one instance you know of where this actually happened, there's a good fellow. Never mind the fact that a plane travelling 200 miles per hour will come down nowhere near any ground unit that actually shot it down.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MEYER_1944:

Meyer, name one instance you know of where this actually happened, there's a good fellow. Never mind the fact that a plane travelling 200 miles per hour will come down nowhere near any ground unit that actually shot it down. </font>

Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MEYER_1944:

Meyer, name one instance you know of where this actually happened, there's a good fellow. Never mind the fact that a plane travelling 200 miles per hour will come down nowhere near any ground unit that actually shot it down. </font>

Never mind the fact that a plane travelling 200 miles per hour will come down nowhere near any ground unit that actually shot it down.

Oh, that is entirely feasible if the plane targetted an AA piece. I think I have even read accounts of low-flying fighters coming down within an AA emplacement (Flak Battery), shot down by any of the numerous 2cm AA protecting the 8.8. Not exactly the concrete type of occurence you probably have in mind, I agree.

Not sure but was there something about japanese Kamikaze pilots applying their method to combating ground troops? Im not sure, dont clearly recall.

You also need to keep in mind that

you have a point about RealLife, but in ToW just like CMBO, CMBB WW II occurencesd are being inflated. I mean, how often did IS-2s take on "King Tigers" ( ;) ) in real life? And guess how often this happened, the world over on computer monitors in CMBB so far?

Now,

when Dorosh's typhoon makes Reichenberg's house levitate over the battlefield, and ajj 1912's Sherman 50cal AA gun shoots it down, does it land on Meyer44's vehicle or on the evil witch of the west? or of the east, should I rather say?

And will Dorothy be able to enter the house to recrew it?

Will ToW even have accurate maps of Kansas?

That, gentlemen, is the real question, and I would really like to know the answer. Er, answers. Or somefink.

you have a point about RealLife, but in ToW just like CMBO, CMBB WW II occurencesd are being inflated. I mean, how often did IS-2s take on "King Tigers" ( ) in real life? And guess how often this happened, the world over on computer monitors in CMBB so far?
I know what you mean. I now have respect for the recovery crews in World War II that had to recover the thousands of abandoned tanks on open roads because their tranny blew out or something.

:D

Originally posted by Sivodsi:

I want to see a shot down planes crew bail out, recrew an enemy AT gun and take out the lousy tank that shot it down in the first place.

Can we do this? I would wait an extra week for it to be implemented, but no more than a week, mind.

LMAO! Of course, this would only be realistic if the plane crew was American. After taking out the lousy tank that shot them down with the enemy AT gun down they would have to shout out, "America! F**k yeah!"

Dorosh, you obviously did not think about Stuka dive bombers when said downed aircraft would never land anywhere near the ground forces that shot them down.

Stukas used to dive at near vertical or fully vertical angles during attacks on ground units.

I think it is very feasbile to include the chances of downed aircraft crashing into forces of value.

Originally posted by franz:

Dorosh, you obviously did not think about Stuka dive bombers when said downed aircraft would never land anywhere near the ground forces that shot them down.

Stukas used to dive at near vertical or fully vertical angles during attacks on ground units.

I think it is very feasbile to include the chances of downed aircraft crashing into forces of value.

Stukas very rarely acted as tactical close air support, though, especially during a running battle, and probably not at all in 1939-40.

I just wonder - will my pz6 crew paint kill rings on the AA mg barrel after takeing down few flying fortress?

On a more serios note - will there be paratroopers? If they're included i hope they'll be able to jump from the plane right in the empty enemy tank, so i wont have to wait my grunts to cross the hole map to recrew the thing.