Patience Please

Murock

I never post anything, but I am getting sick and tired of people posting mumbo jumbo crap and all it does is delay the game. The developers have to log in answer the stupid questions before people freak out and spread rumors. Please people find something else to do. The game will be released when it is done, they don't need to repeat themselves over and over again. Let them finish the product!!

Originally posted by Murock:

I never post anything, but I am getting sick and tired of people posting mumbo jumbo crap and all it does is delay the game. The developers have to log in answer the stupid questions before people freak out and spread rumors. Please people find something else to do. The game will be released when it is done, they don't need to repeat themselves over and over again. Let them finish the product!!

Thanks for clearing this up :rolleyes:

I think we were due to have an announcement at the time of the Russian release. It's peculiar that there's an annoucement on the Paradox site, but not here. I don't think that means all that much, but it does open the door to speculation. With this game's convoluted development cycle communication could have been better.

Originally posted by AC:

Because the devs are Russian. What announcement do you want? That the russian version came out?

Certainly it won't make BFC happy that an asychronous release happened this way. That is unusual in the extreme. The U.S. customer don't react too well on this kind of timeline, to say at least.

Also, it's all fine to say "it's finished when it's finished" instead of giving release dates, but obviously coding has finished. Or maybe some lower quality release was made for Russia without some corrections that BFC wants which will again raise the issue of product release integrety.

Originally posted by Redwolf:

Or maybe some lower quality release was made for Russia without some corrections that BFC wants which will again raise the issue of product release integrety. [/QB]

You got it exactly right here.

The Russian release does not incorporate all the changes Battlefront demanded from 1C in the worldwide release. The Russian version is distributed in Russia by 1C, therefore they have all the right to do with their release what they want. It is Battlefronts fault that we can not play ToW earlier but with reduced engagement ranges :rolleyes: Maybe the "lower quality release" is not so far off - at least what the peolpe here would call quality....

Uwe

Using a online translator on the russian forums i've read that people have found bugs and errors. These will probably be fixed by patches.

These changes can then be added to the english release, meaning we'll get a more bugfree release version then the russians had.

All this suppression and guilt as to wonder roughly when it will be released, such as this year in a few months next spring is a bit ridiculous if you ask me. Why shouldn't we want to know. Should we just forget about it all together? This is silly. And for all ass kissing aside it does take battlefront very long to get things out, though there is the excuse that they are not a huge team of developers with a whole lot to spend.

But being human and honest I am not a "I don't care" (I'm so gracious and noble, so patient) ""when it is done"" iterater. I and really anyone who is at all genuinely interested in this game are going to want to know especially after all this time since the anouncement what month or quarter the game will be released and what about this demo that as some where claiming would be out "in two weeks" that is now or has it been three weeks.

For the 100th time, BFC has requested some changes that 1C is putting into the game. Until the code is in, and tested and tested again, there won't be a release date. Why? Because if it breaks other things, they will need to be fixed. When code is nearer to completion, then a release date will be given.

As 1C has said on this thread, we are making changes to the demo. They agree you only get one chance to impress... and we won't post a demo until it is ready. No one at BFC ever said a week or two. We will announce a release date when it is time. Oh, and we always said this year.

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

For the 100th time, BFC has requested some changes that 1C is putting into the game. Until the code is in, and tested and tested again, there won't be a release date.

You are aware that there's a release date on the Paradox site?

Originally posted by Murock:

[QB] I never post anything, but I am getting sick and tired of people posting mumbo jumbo crap and all it does is delay the game.

I think of it as part of your better class of Creation myth.

The forums are currently in sort of a "shadow creation", or "raw chaos" state. They are populated by avatars of both the Good and Constructive, and the Evil and Destructive. And sometimes the Whiney.

Many of these entities will be banished when game manifests itself, but some of the events will cause echoes, and shape events in the future.

But, on the whole, all of this false-creation will cease to be, and the rantings of the demons and ghosts of the unborn will be replaced by, say, discussions of MG modeling or armor stats, and the details of scenario creation.

So patience, please.

- posted October 21, 2006 11:00 AM Profile for Arkel Email Arkel Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote Rune, maybe it would help if someone of BF or 1C placed a sticky or announcement at the top of this forum, giving some information about when it will be released and the demo date, something like you just posted

Exactly that's all some of us are asking. Put it some where were it can be seen such as a sticky at the top of the forum or home page. That way you don't have to get all worked up about repeating it for the "100th time" Most sites I can just go to the top of the forum page and there it is "release date." Actually it is all over their site and I never have any trouble finding that information.

I and most members don't want to waste their time raking through every post and paragraph alluding to a release date. All I ever see is "its done when its done!!!! and something to the affect of Now leave us a lone! And "oh, stupid me, sorry for asking."

Hah, anyway that's good to know it will be out this year.