Infantry health and blood.

Flanker15

I was watching the some videos of ToW and noticed a red bar in the infantry status display. Is this a health bar? If it is, will this mean that soldiers will take more than one shot to be killed? Also is there any plans of putting a blood puff when infantry are hit? It dosn't have to be red just a dust/smoke puff would be enough to let you know they've been shot.

The healthbar is a status indicator, not something to be depleted in order to kill a soldier. When a soldier is hit his health indicator is changed to show his new status. It won't take a bunch of hits to down a man, but it may be possible for a soldier to take more than one hit. His effectiveness decreases with the healthbar.

AFAIK there is no blood in the game.

OK, Flanker15 has a great idea. How about dust/smoke puffs? That way everyone gets a visual clue in addition to other animations and you don't have to worry about gore.

Crawling in the field is bound to get those natural fiber uniforms dirty XD

Originally posted by franz:

...maybe, but wouldnt it just be fantastic to see blood on wounded troops.

That is the sort of eye-candy that would receive great applause from gamers seeking realism.

Maybe it would. But as you know in some countries blood in games is not appreciated smile.gif

I would like to see blood over the wounded area. If hits on armor are modeled with a hole in the affected area, maybe someone can mod this and get a blood patch in?

I'm assuming that, because it's possible for a soldier to take a hit and live, there must be different areas that CAN be hit, right? I mean, a soldier can be hit in leg or arm and survive, but a headshot is a killshot. So, somehow it must be reflected in the code..

havent we talked about this before?

pink mist

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=63;t=000228#000000

I dont think anyone is suggestion we have bucket loads of blood and lets face it, any amount of blood even "pink mist" would mean a different rating on the game. Which all know would affect sales.

I guess thats the real reason why any type of graphical display of bloodletting will not be shown.

Having seen the the vids from BF and the one on youtube the game does seem very immersive. I cant wait to play it through my projector and sound system. smile.gif

I can feel a few sickies coming on when i buy this

:D

---------------------------------------

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.

Hugh Hefner

Originally posted by RMC:

I want buckets and buckets of blood. I want soldiers doing the slip and slide because there is so much blood on the field. When a soldier gets hit I want him spraying blood like Gene Simmons.

You just want to hear it, dont you?

ok here goes:

"we will consider that for an add-on."

;)

...namely the

"ToW: Catalaunian Fields" getica mod

[ October 23, 2006, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: M Hofbauer ]

Originally posted by RMC:

I want buckets and buckets of blood. I want soldiers doing the slip and slide because there is so much blood on the field. When a soldier gets hit I want him spraying blood like Gene Simmons.

How come anytime someone mentions blood on this website, a website devoted to games where men kill other men with various weapons created for mass carnage and destruction, someone always posts something reactionary like; "Flying limbs! Severed heads! Exploding eyeballs!" When all the original guy usually says is "blood".

We are all interested in playing games which are at their most basic a model representing violent death yet one guy mentions blood and some people get all selfrighteous about it. I've seen it a hundred times on here and it never ceases to amaze me. It's okay to kill the living crap out of everything in the game just don't mention the word blood that's too much. LMAO...WTF?

And BTW I don't care if there's blood in the game or not I just find the irony of the whole subject and the reactions ridiculous.

Mord.

Originally posted by Mord:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RMC:

How come anytime someone mentions blood on this website, a website devoted to games where men kill other men with various weapons created for mass carnage and destruction, someone always posts something reactionary like; "Flying limbs! Severed heads! Exploding eyeballs!" When all the original guy usually says is "blood".

We are all interested in playing games which are at their most basic a model representing violent death yet one guy mentions blood and some people get all selfrighteous about it. I've seen it a hundred times on here and it never ceases to amaze me. It's okay to kill the living crap out of everything in the game just don't mention the word blood that's too much. LMAO...WTF?

And BTW I don't care if there's blood in the game or not I just find the irony of the whole subject and the reactions ridiculous.

Mord. </font>

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

Heck, look at the CM games, not once have I thought, "Damn, if only there was blood/gore".

LOL I remember one of the worst arguments I ever saw on the CMBO board was when Tiger(old Mod maker) asked if the casaulty markers would be moddable for CMBB. LMAO! And out came the "Flying Ears! Dump trucks full of dead baby asses! Guts, Gore, Green Gravy YAAAAAHHH!" I kid you not! It was so heated and he took so much crap he ended up leaving for a loooong time..later he left for good but I don't think it had anything to do with that.

Like I said it doesn't matter to me either way...if it's in, cool if not, cool. I just love how what could be considered one of the sickest hobbies ever, if one actually thought about what it is we are simulating, has so many people that overreact to the word or the thought of representing it in a game. Hypocritical really.

Mord.

Originally posted by Mord:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MeatEtr:

Heck, look at the CM games, not once have I thought, "Damn, if only there was blood/gore".

LOL I remember one of the worst arguments I ever saw on the CMBO board was when Tiger(old Mod maker) asked if the casaulty markers would be moddable for CMBB. LMAO! And out came the "Flying Ears! Dump trucks full of dead baby asses! Guts, Gore, Green Gravy YAAAAAHHH!" I kid you not! It was so heated and he took so much crap he ended up leaving for a loooong time..later he left for good but I don't think it had anything to do with that.

Like I said it doesn't matter to me either way...if it's in, cool if not, cool. I just love how what could be considered one of the sickest hobbies ever, if one actually thought about what it is we are simulating, has so many people that overreact to the word or the thought of representing it in a game. Hypocritical really.

Mord. </font>