Nobody's mentioned the latest BFC blog entry yet?

MikeyD

Originally posted by Panzerjager653:

people seem to worship it.
At the fringes, the game's devotees are really kind of pitiful, caged as they are by it's absurd turn-based mechanics. It's old hat, now, but some of these guys will go on for hours about how "realistic" it is, endlessly quoting statistical data related to ordnance, and the like. That, however, is a house of cards. The game rests on sixty-second turns, a brain-dead AI, EXTREME micromanagment and other conventions ported over from miniatures wargaming.

TOW is definitely the wave of the future as relates to company/battalion level combat simulation.

PoE

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear RMC and the Cronies gang

Its very simple

I dont care about the so called bully boy fighting between CC and CM...i really dont give a flying F$%k

This Forum is to debate the issues of this game TOW.

Hopefully you can pull your head in and contribute meaningful insight to TOW related topics.

If you cant maybe go and have look at yourself in the mirror and give yourself a couple of uppercuts..because im certainly tired of the drivel that causes all this boring and stale arguments about past bull**** that relates to CM or CC.

build a bridge and get over it

---------------------------------

“For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.”

----------------------------------

Sun Tzu quote

Originally posted by Prince of Eckmühl:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> people seem to worship it.

At the fringes, the game's devotees are really kind of pitiful, caged as they are by it's absurd turn-based mechanics. It's old hat, now, but some of these guys will go on for hours about how "realistic" it is, endlessly quoting statistical data related to ordnance, and the like. That, however, is a house of cards. The game rests on sixty-second turns, a brain-dead AI, EXTREME micromanagment and other conventions ported over from miniatures wargaming.

TOW is definitely the wave of the future as relates to company/battalion level combat simulation.

PoE </font>

PoE </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Prince of Eckmühl:

PoE </font>

Originally posted by WindyCity:

troll alert :rolleyes:
There you go folks. If you disagree with them, you're a troll.

Want to know how not to be a troll?

Just play along, and try and fit in.

But, about TOW...

It's my understanding that BF has entered into a contractural agreement with 1C to publish and market TOW. I can't for the life of me figure out how they are going to effectively do so, if they continue to allow these has-beens to trash the game.

I own all of the CM series. Hell, I even bought the BF Strategy Guide. I've never spent more than 8-10 hours on any of them, because they bore me to tears. If I want to play a miniatures game, I'll phone a buddy with some GHQ micro-armour, and play one.

I can't exaggerate how delighted that I am to see a game, TOW, that will hopefully redress CM's NUMEROUS flaws.

PoE

Originally posted by Sammy_Davis_Jnr:

I dont care about the so called bully boy fighting between CC and CM...i really dont give a flying F$%k

Guess what, sizzle chest. We don't give a flying f*** that you don't give a flying f***.

This Forum is to debate the issues of this game TOW.

Yes, but as the game ToW would tend to attract CC players and it is being published by the guys who brought out CM, contact between the two fan bases is bound to happen. While there is some mixing, more often than not you just get friction, which produces heat but precious little light.

Hopefully you can pull your head in and contribute meaningful insight to TOW related topics.

Insight: ToW is gonna r0x0r yu0r b0x0rs!!!111

Pardon my ignorance what the hell is a TROLL ? As for the TOW vs realism debate (there is people going on about air burst in trees, weapons jamming, smoke ) - I think TOW will be the best WW2 game yet - I fail to see the argument. Unless you take your PC into a fox hole in the back of your garden and get your mate to be blown into chunks in front of your eyes - whats the deal ? What about morale, logistics and weather - the list could go on.

I can't exaggerate how delighted that I am to see a game, TOW, that will hopefully redress CM's NUMEROUS flaws.

PoE

:rolleyes: I suspect the game will definitely treat the subject material much different than CM did. Enough so to be considered apples and oranges. I really doubt it will be a case of doing what CM did not, based on what little snippets we've been presented so far. I am willing to bet RMC's life that it will not be a "perfect" game by anyone's definition. Nor would I expect it to be. Of course, that is all in the eye of the beholder. How about we dial down the idiotic rhetoric til someone's seen a demo or somefink?

And even then, I'm guessing we can all stick a sock in our cookie holes for all the good the analysis will do to change anyone else's mind. Personally I enjoyed CC and CM both "in their day" and suspect my enjoyment of TOW - whatever level that achieves - will not lessen my memories of CM:BO or my enjoyment of CM:X2.

What was the topic of this thread again :confused:

oh thats right somethink about a blog entry?

Ohh thats right its been hijaked again into CM and CC debate. :(

Maybe a whole thread or even forum can be dedicated to the CM..CC battles coming to a another trashed thread near you.

------------

One comes to believe whatever one repeats to oneself sufficiently often, whether the statement be true of false. It comes to be dominating thought in one's mind.

Robert Collier

You lads should chill, its only a thread about a game for f*cks sake
Nah, this is the old-guard's continuation of war by other means.

A bunch of CM fans are really, really angry with BF for having walked away from their game.

Some of them are in fact so angry that they're willing to tear down ToW out of spite.

"It'll cost BF some money, but they won't mess with me again," appears to be the attitude of some.

I'm genuinely concerned that the ability of folks to subvert material like that associated with the topic of this thread, an advertisment, may succeed in wrecking the successful marketing of the game.

So, yeah, it matters. If you want to see wargaming evolve, then you ought to be concerned about these endless attacks on the game by the CM fanatics. It's a sad reality, but it's obvious that's what they're really all about.

PoE

There you go folks. If you disagree with them, you're a troll.

Want to know how not to be a troll?

Just play along, and try and fit in.

PoE [/QB]

This is a little more then a disagreement, especially in reply to one of them members requesting info on CM, it a asinine immature post that is nothing more then a bait to inflame another flame fest.

It was meant as a insult PERIOD !

Congratulations... you all have created the absolutely most immature, useless, idiotic thread in recent memory. Now, all take a bow and don't let me catch you continuing this in another thread or I'll start bouncing people off the Forums. ToW is not CM, it is not even trying to be because that would be idiotic... why recreate has already been done? Heck, even the new CM isn't the same as the old CM. So why start kicking around ToW or CM, depending on your point of view? They are differnet games trying to do different things. Love them both and be a happier person for it.

Grrrr....

Steve