So Release SOON ?

Cincinatvs

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

But I do think Sabot is a loss for the board, and would be a loss for ToW.

I hope for both ToW and Sabot that his ban from the board does not keep him from taking a look at Tow when it comes out. Both can only benefit from that.

I disagree, just because someone does a lot of work on modding a game, by choice, does not give him the right to abuse the forum rules and then expect not to get banned. BF have every right to ban who they like from their forums, and especially those who break the rules.

Originally posted by athkatla:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

But I do think Sabot is a loss for the board, and would be a loss for ToW.

I hope for both ToW and Sabot that his ban from the board does not keep him from taking a look at Tow when it comes out. Both can only benefit from that.

I disagree, just because someone does a lot of work on modding a game, by choice, does not give him the right to abuse the forum rules and then expect not to get banned. BF have every right to ban who they like from their forums, and especially those who break the rules. </font>

Exactly, it's a question of motivation. If someone labours in the common interest then let him speak! Else HE may lose interest.

Me, I contribute nothing... except my hard earned cash and esprit de corps and enthusi... .

It does beg the question though - how moddable is this game going to be?

Actually, I think Sabot was banned back in 2000 or so. The guy might make some great mods (dunno, never seen them), but that does not excuse his behavior. He's abusive and pruposefully confrontational, just like he was long ago. In fact, some of you may recall that he waged a sort of abuse offensive on our Forum because he hated CM so much (though he hadn't played it, of course). He came to our Forum and deliberately spammed it. That is the sort of immaturity one expects from a 12 year old, not a supposed adult. Nobody should have to be subjected to such crap.

There are a number of "colorful" personalities that are no longer with us. When a member has something positive to offer we try VERY hard to overlook or at least redirect negative behavior. Unfortunately, some are beyond salvage. Just like in real life. That's what prisons, insane asylums, and political offices are for smile.gif

Steve

He is a combat veteran tanker, which is more than a lot of you could muster up the cajones to do.

Y'all ever hung out with any hard core military types??

Battlefront.com, it would be in your best interest to NOT insinuate Sabot is for prison or an insane asylum. I do not tolerate disrespect for combat veterans, take that for what its worth.

Soldiers talking amongst each other is not a bridge night with frumpy old women clucking nicely and avoiding unpleasant things.

Sabot is legendary for his mods, and a great guy to have doing mods for your game.

Sgt Popov,

I AM an admin, and ex-military. I don't go into someone's business and start bad mouthing people. It had nothing to do with CM, it had to do with being told several times to knock it off and then not doing it. End of story.

Rune

Sgt Popov,

He is a combat veteran tanker, which is more than a lot of you could muster up the cajones to do.
What does that have to do with being civil and following rules. By your logic since Tim McVeigh was a decorated combat veteran, it was OK for him to commit mass murder in Oklahoma City.

Y'all ever hung out with any hard core military types??
Yeah, all the time. How about you? Are you old enough to hang out with military types in real life?

Battlefront.com, it would be in your best interest to NOT insinuate Sabot is for prison or an insane asylum. I do not tolerate disrespect for combat veterans, take that for what its worth.
I judge Sabot based on his behavior, nothing more. You would be wise to do the same. You would also be wise to not threaten us.

Soldiers talking amongst each other is not a bridge night with frumpy old women clucking nicely and avoiding unpleasant things.
Well, if the Forum rules mentioned that it was OK to be disrespectful, disruptive, and abusive on purpose then Sabot would still be here. But since the rules specifically forbid such anti-social behavior that is that.

Sabot is legendary for his mods, and a great guy to have doing mods for your game.
Around here Sabot so far has only been a legendary abusive fool. So I don't care what he does or doesn't do in support of our games or any other games. He is not welcome here. End of story.

Steve