brothers in arms

copenwraith

I don't consider BiA all that realistic, while a great game and fun to play, there are just too many things missing from it. For example, it's impossible to place your rifle on a fence to make a steadier shot, I'm not much of a fan of the ballistics modeling either. Check out Red Orchestra: Ostfront. While it's all multiplayer, I feel it effectively captures the Eastern Front.

I agree with Boosh whole heartedly. BiA (At least the first one. Thats the only one I've played) is not that realistic. It seems its priority was on simulating proper use of squad tactics using covering fire and manuever. Thats about as far as the realism goes.

Red Orchestra does a great job as far as realism. It gives the players great opportunity to use real world tactics, that is if the rest of the players are willing to.

RO's other shortcoming is the maps are optimized for player size so they are relatively small and the engagement ranges are not always true to history, except for the urban maps.

I've played the original BIA and recently Red Orchestra. They both have strong points, but one thing I really didn't like about RO was the general feeling you were running around playing a giant game of "tag". No squad feel at all. Multi-player on-line games all seem to have that problem though.

BIA is more accurate historically in terms of the layout of the terrain. And I think what they've also captured quite well is the performance of rounds and incorporating breathing into aiming.

What I see as wholly lacking, is the behavior of the AI when wounded.

One would NOT be able to fight at their best or move very fast after they've been badly wounded.