Hello! A Few Questions...

JordanC

Hi everybody! I've been following this game for some time, and am very glad to see somebody finally got it back on track! Anyways, just a few questions...

1. We see a lot of trenches in the screenshots.

Can we actually dig these or are they just scattered and useable?

2. We see artillery and armor sometimes behind sandbags, again, can we stack the sandbags?

3. How come no enterable buildings?

Thanks for your time!

Originally posted by JordanC:

3. How come no enterable buildings?

Thanks for your time!

You could do a search on "buildings"...they have been discussed pretty indepth already...I can't remember what thread though...shouldn't be too hard to find though as the forum was just opened.

And welcome to the boards.

Mord.

Yup, they are not exactly "scattered" though. The forticiations present on some of the maps are actually very well laid out. If the devs haven't used actual historical maps than at least they look like they have.

Martin

We did use a lot of real maps, plus some maps are based on real landscapes of that time. So if there is a battle in a general proximity of some city - of course we model general layout of the area, but we are not putting every single tree or barn as it was in reality. The game will then be in development for another 10 years. smile.gif

Megakill,

I'm a little confused by this screenshot. We have a KV-2 and a IS-2? in the same clash. Was under the impression the KV-2s were all destroyed in combat, captured, or withdrawn from service in 1941. The only late war KV-2 I know of was encountered by the Americans in Essen, Germany at the Krupp Werke, where it presumably had been shipped for evaluation.

http://www.battlefront.com/products/tow/screenshots/pages/ww2%202006-07-25%2003-47-51-10.html

While we're on Stalin tanks, the pictures I've seen of the turret castings, some shot from a few feet in high resolution color, show a surface of simply astounding roughness and irregularity. Overall, I'm blown away by the amazing armor, guns, more than adequately rendered soldiers (the T-34/85s and infantry on the steppe advancing toward the viewer could be from a Red Army recruiting poster) and am very grateful a lot of countries we simply don't ever see are now playable. The terrain and buildings are simply stunning.

Am delighted dynamic cover is in. Since HE bursts

can wreck radio antennae, a lesson American relearned the hard way with the Stryker Brigade in

Iraq, I was wondering how you plan to address the effect of antenna loss in terms of handling an armored force? I've read the Germans carried spares. Will we see antennae whipping under vehicle movement and pennants waving in the wind?

If you ever get around to doing real night combat, I'd love to see flareguns, trip flares, searchlights for bounce illumination and blinding, tracer fire to designate axis of advance, and headlights. In Kurland, I believe, the Russians attacked at night with T-34s equipped with sirens and headlights blazing; apparently, it freaked out the defenders of the pocket there.

Keep up the great work!

Regards,

John Kettler

John, this screen was taken by Matt. Guess he can answer this.

My idea would be - he managed to keep some of his KV-2 alive through out the campaign and used them later on. Or maybe he did some modding...

I can't rememeber seeing both tanks in the same mission in any mission i played myself.

Hi everybody! I've been following this game for some time, and am very glad to see somebody finally got it back on track!
Amen! And who better to handle then Battlefront! I remeber when we were all drooling over the screenies some years back, and going "Man, if only CM looked like that".

Well... now that Battlefront is publishing it, what can I say?