blast diameter

poesel

I'm pondering the various diameters of the HE blasts.

Currently heavy is 60m, medium is 30m and light mortar is 15m. A Thor is in comparison ~18m long.

Questions: are the blast diameters then too small and what diameter would an anti-personnel frag grenade have?

And the impact crater from one is about the size of a baseball in loose soil. Less if its hardpacked.

Against infantry wearing light powered armor, I woulld reduce the ECR (effective casualty radius), to between 5-10m.

Why you ask?

Some HE grenades for the infantry to fire out of thier grenade launchers would be good for infantry fights. Hand grenades would be pretty useless in the game.

I ask because I'm outfitting regular inf with those (as I wrote in another thread and I'm sure IG overlooked it because he didn't comment on it smile.gif ).

I'll go with a radius of 10m then. Just to repeat my question: is a diameter of 15m for a light mortar in comparison not too small then?

What about range? Would that be the same as the AT grenade or would they fly shorter/longer?

The size of the hole HE creates is proportional to HEBlastDiameter. There is however a dead zone where no hole at all is created (120mm HE which doesn't dig at all). The frag grenade won't make a dent.

It is btw a long standing wish of mine to have extra tags for blast diameter and hole depth.

The range of the Frag Grenade woulg be about the same as the AT because it is not the round but the delivery system that mostly detremines that.

I believe what the game uses is compareable to the venerable M203 (underslung M16 grenade luancher, for everyone who isnt IG :D ).

I have not idea what the ECR for a 40mm Frag is IG might but I never dealt with them.