Breakdowns & infiltration

Wisbech_lad

Two questions on things I haven't seen on the FAQ:

1) Breakdowns/ repair of vehicles. Will driving your company of T34s ykm result in x% of them breaking down? Will we learn to love the relative reliability of Valentines and Shermans? Will a Panther D be ever able to make it to the front line under own power?

In an operational game like this - relative reliability & recovery rates could (should?) be a good deal

2) Infiltration attacks/ tactics. At night, will there be possibility of infiltrating?

Or, if (say) Germans have but a single platoon in a square, and I try to move a company behind them, can (in the CMBB battle) I try and move the company thru the square? Or do you have to "capture" a square to be able to move thru it?

We have a design for breakdown and bogging, but we do not plan to have it in the first release. When we do include it, we will probably need an option to turn it off, since it will annoy the hell out of some people.

As Sergei has suggested, getting the MTBF figures comparable is very hard. The current design relies on data we already have in CMBB, such as ground pressure vs ground type, etc

Infiltration - no, we dont have that.

Hunter

Although it would be a bit sad to watch how the very same bridge which your Tiger unit couldn't cross on operation level, they can pile on in the tactical mode... one of the unfortunate omissions of CM.

As to stuff breaking down - it sure as hell annoyed both the Axis and Allied commanders during the war how quickly their advancing forces deteriorated with no enemy influence, I believe! :D

Well at this point (breakthrough)i have a doubt. Sice the operational turn is 60 minutes long, ¿how is managed an attemp of breakthrough?. I mean, i.e. an attack from a company of tank thats break the front in 25 minutes and goes deep behind the enemy lines. It is the movement of tanks stoped until the next 60 minutes turn?. What happens then...?

I think the penetrating mot. forces will need to be ordered as 'tactical reserves' to the battle prior to the breakthrough.

Then they can appear during the battle as reinforcements and once the front is open, they can rush torwards the other side to get the flags to have a base for further penetration.

And when the battle ends, the mot. units are already at the other side of the battlefield and ready to rush forward operationally.

But a big problem i see, are small enemy units, behind his MLR in other squares, always triggering 1 hour CMBB-battles when they have contact with the breakthrough-forces and slowing down the advance tremendously, although they are no threat for passing armoured units.