Can't deploy Javelins in scenario editor

I am trying to set up a scenario with dismounted infantry with javelins, however, there is no way to "acquire" the javelins in the scenario editor. You start the scenario and durng setup have the infantry squads load load into to Bradleys, acquire the javelins, and then repositions them. However, I need to do this during in the scenario editor. Am I missing something? This should be added to the features that need to be added to the editor.

Someone else gave me a good idea, although I have not tried it yet.

Loap up a stryker into the game, then in deploy mode put the squad into the stryker and acquire away. Take the squad out, exit deploy mode, delete the stryker.

Like I said, havent tried it.

The following is a quote from page 119 of the manual under Unit Deployment in the scenario editor:

Deployment Commands

During Deployment mode a limited number of Commands are

available for each unit type, mainly related to administrative

tasks.

MOVE, FACE, HIDE, ACQUIRE, DISMOUNT, DEPLOY WEAPON, SPLIT

TEAM, ASSAULT TEAM, ANTITANK TEAM

"Acquire, Deply weapon, split team, assault team, and antitank team" are not available in the current release/built of the game. In fact the button for them are not present in the command tabs. Apparently this is a bug that needs to be corrected.

• 3 months later...

I'm afraid there's no way to acquire Javelins when designing a scenario. I've tried many times with no success. It's a real problem because it makes it difficult to design scenarios that are meant to be played Red v Blue AI. The US squads never acquire their javelins even when set up inside their Strykers. It makes US Infantry without armour support very vulnerable to Syrian armour.

If the AI is tweeked so that units will acquire javelins when available, it will make QB's more playable as the red side too. I've occassionally played as red and received some t-72s against US Stryker infantry and have SLAUGHTERED them. When this happens I actually find it quite disturbing and it spoils the game for me.

Although there is an enormous silence about the next patch content, I'd be surprised if this isn't on their 'fix' list but that's just 100% pure speculation.

Originally posted by Paper Tiger:

I'm afraid there's no way to acquire Javelins when designing a scenario.

That is not correct, I just tried what I suggested and it worked. Anyone who wants proof can send me a message and I'll email the scenario. Just play as red and don't issue any orders. After about one minute the Javelins will come pouring in.

bake.jpg

Okay, I stand corrected. I shouldn't have said 'no way to do it'. But you 'baked' the scenario. My understanding is that when you bake it, the scenario has already started and therefore, there can only be one AI plan and you also prevent the human player from setting up as s/he sees fit. That's fine if you want to design scenarios with only one AI plan but it doesn't help the QB problem.

Tankibanki: since I bought the game and until after 1.03, most of my game time was spent in the game editor creating maps for QBs and future scenarios. I never once baked anything and so this was outside my game experience.

Because I design primarily for myself, I play my own scenarios over and over again and, as far as possible, I like the experience each time I play it to be different. Therefore, I ruled out baking quite early on as it is very final. We really should be able to acquire in the scenario editor OR the AI should be adjusted to acquire these weapons if they are set up in their vehicles.

Originally posted by Paper Tiger:

We really should be able to acquire in the scenario editor OR the AI should be adjusted to acquire these weapons if they are set up in their vehicles.

You are absolutely right, I actually think both should really be possible. Moreover one should be able to control vehicle and squad inventory like in CMx1. I was just trying to find ways to work with what we have right now until this is worked out.

Reading my posts again they don't sound very friendly, so I apologise for that, in case anyone got offended. I agree that my solution only works in some situations.

In addition I'm not very happy with the default QBs, so right now I'm going to download some more. So far I've only used the QBG ones for PBEMs, they were excellent.

P.S.: By the way, is there a reason why TSD2 doesn't have a CMSF section?

Originally posted by tankibanki:

Yes, there is probably no way to get it to work in QBs right now.

I'm not sure about being able to setup after baking, but I guess you are right there, too.

If the QB unit selector had a dedicated slot for BLUE ATGM/AT as it does for RED the problem would be solved.

Tankibanki: hey man, don't worry about it. I posted something wrong and I got corrected. So what, I learned something and that's why I come to visit this forum.

Mark: thanks for that. Unfortunately (!) I've been on an extended end of contract holiday in the UK (it's bloody freezing here!) and I had to stop work on my new scenarios. I get back to Indonesia next week so I hope to have a new one out before Xmas.