Bundle CMx2 with Intel Macs....

Just a thought but if the Mac market is pretty small (say under 10%) and the port to make will be left as late as possible to be sure that Apples shift to Intel doesn't throw up any major problems then why not look at asking it to bundle CMx2 with it's new Macs (probably a range of new powerbooks first).

Now it goes without saying that you'd get more selling them retail than at the kind of price apple would want, but if the long term strategy is to have a core engine and repeated modules, then a loss leader on the Game to expand the Mac sector and create a customer base might have a logic too it.

Iam not going to give you any rot about how clever Mac users are, as a dedicated Mac fan I tend to find other Mac users a n arrogant bunch.

But I think the age profile of mac users tends to be higher and that means a tendency towards more strategy games than shoot-em-ups.

Add to that the dirth good and up to date Mac games out there and I think CMx2 bundles with Macs would be a real winner.

At the end of the day I think nothing will come of it even if BF like the idea because Apple being Apple , they'd probably want them supplied so cheap BF would make a loss.

Peter

Originally posted by Pzman:

the only "game" apple includes with its OS is chess.

This might be true now but Apple used to include some great and not so great games with its OS

There was the Solataire with the icon of the Joker with the big nose

Tony Hawk was on one of them I think

Then there were that Alien and that Bugzone Bugzilla or somthing that came with the IBooks (i think)

There was that spaceship flying one which was crap but addictive

I'm sure other people can think of more. Can't quite remember what was on my 5500 or my LCii but i'm sure there were games on there other than chess

cheers

Will

Well, not to rain on the parade too much, but I suspect that the niche nature of CM makes most sorts of mass-marketing strategies rather wasteful in terms of actually encouraging sales. Most of the games that get bundled are either targeted at a much larger part of the computer using audience or they are there to showcase a particular technology. CM fits neither description.

(Oh, by the way, the iMac G5s come (came?) with Marble Blast Gold and Nanosaur 2.