How to manipulate my forces.

Can anyone help me on how to manipulate my forces? It’s probably operators’ error. The most frustrating problem is when I assign complex move or moves dealing with timing. Example, if I have a Stryker full of troops, and I instruct the Stryker to pause for 15 or 30 second before moving and I instruct the troops to exit the vehicle immediately (I have not use the “disembark” command, I just use a move command). sometimes the troops wait until the vehicle moves then they leave. What I desire is the troops to exit the vehicle then the Stryker leaves. Its not consistent. Sometime the troops leave before the Stryker moves and sometimes they don’t.

Also is it possible to have a Stryker move into position, pop smoke, have the troops embark the Stryker then have the Stryker take off, all in one turn? Could we place a move command with a 15 second pause (allowing for the troop to embark)then put a smoke command, then have another move command?

[ April 20, 2008, 04:55 AM: Message edited by: cyborg ]

I'm guessing you mean 15 sec pause?

Have a read of "Pop-n-Drop" in the Strategy and Tactics forum for some guidance.

I didn't put in the URL so you can go to the forum and look at the other topics there which maybe of interest.

Always good to look there first before posting a "Tactics" related post in this forum I've found. smile.gif

Well, to be honest, if it was minutes it would be more like the actual army.

Soldier 1: "Let's go!"

Driver: "Can't, the Lt's talking to the CO and he says hold up."

Soldier 1: "Well I'm going to go take a dump."

Grumbles of "me too" fill the back of the track. "Drop the ramp man."

Ramp drops and squad disperses behind the local vegitation.

Lt: "Ok, the CO wanted to go over the chow plan... where the hell is everyone?"

Driver: "S**tting."

Lt: "WTF, over?" Looks about. "Damn it I might as well." Grabs etool and baby wipes and jumps out of turret.

Several minutes later when everyone is back in the track. "Ok, lets go. Smith, Smith. Where's Smith (The driver)?"

Soldier 1: "I saw him grab his etool a minute ago."

Lt: "*@&@$@$@@##$^@!!!!!"

It happens.

The reason why I didn’t put the link in (as I thought I explained) was not a case of laziness, but so that they would look at the whole forum (or at least the first page) and that way perhaps answer some other questions they may have.

Clicking on the URL is great to get you straight to that specific thread but doesn’t show them what other guidance is there.

To manipulate my forces I would do the following:

1. Offer excessive re-enlistment incentives. Cash bonus, PCS, re-class, that sort of thing.

2. Grant a 3 or 4-day pass upon re-enlistment.

3. Give free gifts such as t-shirts, coffee mugs with the words "Re-enlist XXXth unit here," and an outlandish picture of either the unit insignia or some form of mascot.

4. Act like we're all best friends during the re-enlistment (don't worry, I'll get them later).

That's what I would do, anyways.

Originally posted by Clavicula_Nox:

1. Offer excessive re-enlistment incentives. Cash bonus, PCS, re-class, that sort of thing.

3. Give free gifts such as t-shirts, coffee mugs with the words "Re-enlist XXXth unit here," and an outlandish picture of either the unit insignia or some form of mascot.

4. Act like we're all best friends during the re-enlistment (don't worry, I'll get them later).

Not very original smile.gif This is what the Army doing already

Originally posted by M1A1TC:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Clavicula_Nox:

Not very original smile.gif This is what the Army doing already </font>