Has the 1.02 patch feature list been finalised?

No talk of features there. I'd expect the announcement to be a release date and feature list, the release date will be unclear unless you're really close because sometimes it's impossible to say how long something will take. But they will already have a feature list because they'll have gone through and proritised what to do. So I was asking if they felt like sharing.

I just want better tactical AI. That is paramount without it you don't have much of a game, control issues for RT one can get used to or adapt to-though I'm not saying this isn't important either, one needs to be able to execute orders in a timely manner as well as be able to focus on ones tactics and not be distracted by an overly complex control scheme.

Although, unfortunately it seems as of late no cares anymore about AI and single player games anyway they want person to person. I'm sorry but to have to rely on another person being available at a given time and not playing like a punk-quiting early doing foolish things during the game to mess it up doesn't appeal to me. Also the person you are playing with may not have the time for a good long involved game. And what's the fun in it anyway: ok, I won on to the next battle with some other "dude".

Most of these multiplayer games wind up being short, simple and boring. Now with RT in the game there is going to be a lot of this even in this game, such as who gets there the quickest-who can hit the controls the fastest-with their javelin or

rocket launcher or pickup truck full of explosives to wipe out a whole platoon and use the best sound bite strategies.

Though I have to admit that realistically winning a battle depends more often than not on who strikes first and who makes the quickest effective moves in as short a time frame as possible. I still prefer the "what if" longer complex tactics and strategies one can afford to use in turnbased single player games. It gives you the time to concider and learn something through your own experiments that will be more than a simple rush attack that is necessary to win in RT mulitplayer.

we were told to play the scenario battles but are the AI tactics really any better in those games? I haven't noticed. I thought that's what these wargames where all about, tactics.

Thanks for posting that link.

Here's the quote from August 1st:

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

I'll be making a patch announcement soon. I just don't want to say too much too early. When I have a rough fix list and date for release I'll make it a sticky note at the top. Rest assured, we aren't going to do one of those month long "let's get everything into one patch" things. That's not how we do things :D

Steve

Btw, don't forget to fix the QBs either. My first experience playing a PBEM QB with a friend was hilarious. Both of our troops could not be moved to our setup zones. But worst of all, we appeared at the same spot on the map. So the first turn was pretty crazy and kaotic.

Is it possible to bring back the old left click and drag box to highlight multiple units? This is how it is for practically all RTS and even the old CM games. A bit surprised this was changed to the now, hold down shift and then left click drag box.

And while I'm at it, is it possible to bring back an option to display the covered arcs, target lines, and movement orders? Like the shift-p and shift-x hotkeys from the previous CMs.

Also the ability to delete saved games from within the game. Shouldn't have to go to the folder manually to erase them.