New QB maps fix many issues

Andrew H.

Originally posted by thewood:

It was actually BFC's fault for not giving you a realistic timetable. We all know the reasons, but its still BFC's responsibility.

Please find another thread for your comments. This thread is about solutions not finger pointing. You have a perfect right to think and post what you wish. I only ask that you post it elsewhere...Please...

Originally posted by thewood:

I was responding to an actual comment and trying to defend the beta testers. I haven't seen you do that yet. While I appreciate mapmakers work, slamming beta testers that are limited in their ability to respond, regardless who "owns" a thread deserves a comment.

I don't expect you to read all my post. But for the record I have responded to negative Beta Tester comments on several occasions Having done a lot of Testing myself it's generally something I will comment on.

Your defense of beta testers sounds, to me, more like just another negative swipe at BFC then a praise of testers...hence my comment...which clearly states you have a perfect right to your views as I do mine. End of story

So you don't think I should point out the ultimate reponsibility is BFC's? So whose fault is it? The people bringing it up maybe? Its like you can't criticize BFC around here.

Having beta tested for a pretty crappy developer, I realize how easy it is for them to let the masses pounce on the testers. I would like to think BFC would stand up and say, hey I see you guys beating up the testers, its not thier fault, we heard them but had to get it out the door. That would stop the nonsense of blaming the testers.

Sorry, I probably overstated my problem with the original quick battles and CMSF in general in my earlier post. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was maligning BF or the Beta-testers (I actually wrote a pretty favorable review of CMSF in Armchair Empire a few months ago.) I should have just thanked the crafters of the new quick battles for making the game that much better and left it at that. To be honest, many of my initial problems with the quick battles (pathfinding, enemy AI weirdness, crawl of death) have been mostly or completely remedied by patches. I'm just a little sentimental about the random battles of yore in the WWII CM's. (And yeah, I know that kind of thing isn't possible with the new engine -- no problem.) smile.gif