Please tell me the Specifications.

Originally posted by Sixxkiller:

If you go to the Alienware website, anything you buy over say $5600 will be a 100% lock to run CMSF. Anything over $4000 will be a 99.9% lock to run CMSF. Kidnapping Bill Gates is an %80 lock that you will be locked up longer than CMSF's lifespan. I say go with the Alienware...

I recognise the words, but something about how they are arranged defies reason.

What, pray tell is a certain percentage lock?

I did a search and found this posted by Patboy:

"Hey I just noticed that at Wargamer site

System Specs

Reviewer's Specs

CPU: Pentium D 3.0GHz

Operating System: Windows XP Professional

RAM: 2.0 GB

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600

Sound Card: Not sure to be honest…but it works like a charm

Internet: DSL

Monitor: 1280 x 1024 max res

Hard Drive Space: 350 GB

HD : 350 GB free space

Pat"

That doesn't look like minimum specs or optimal specs, so I don't know how much good that'll do yah. I'm no PC expert but a little bird told me you should be able to just squeak by with 512 ram using an Intel P4. the ATI Radeon x300 (128mb) runs it pretty well.

You really do need someone 'official' to give you proper numbers, and I ain't him.

[ June 23, 2007, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Yeah me too, I'll pre-order as long as I have enough time to upgrade my machine. I need a sound card anyways, so the minimum necessary video card, especially a couple of recommended video cards would be appreciated. ;)

Granted Drop Team runs just fine if I adjust the graphics settings. And Drop Team has some eery similarities to those videos in terms of environment modelling and vehicle movement.