Campaigns ???

Originally posted by PeterFromLA:

Am I loosing my mind or the two "battle" campaigns are identical? I played TF Lightning and then I started the TF Thunder, but the first mission is the same in both campaigns. What am I missing? :confused:

TF Lighning: How you play the campaign

TF Thunder: The noise you make when a 'second campaign' is really the first one with a new name.

The original name for the campaign was TF Lightning, but we changed it to TF Thunder. Unfortunately, localization and Paradox development was going on a separate track at that point. So it slipped through a crack and was discovered before anything was printed. However, nobody wanted to screw with anything at that late time that wasn't critical. It's amazing to think that changing a name of a file can completely screw something up, but stranger things have happened!

People can delete either one. They should be identical in all ways.

Steve

This thread is aptly named to carry on the discussion of what it is to have a campaign.

A key element for me is the need for force preservation.

It took me a while to like the old CM campaign system, but once I got my head around that each battle was a small segment of the battles we normally consider battles I thought that it was fine. This approach seemed to fit the tactical level well enough.