how to chain "hide" at end of move ?

As to 1) I don't think you can as of now, but I'm not entierly sure.

Regarding the Face command I noticed that it only becomes visible for troops a few seconds after they exit a vehicle - so in RT you can add it a few seconds after you order the disembark. But in WEGO you can't add it to disembarking troops until the next turn.

Maybe it's something similar when it comes to 2) with the Hide command.

Yes, yes ,yes!

How does one add a "hide" or a "facing" or "both" to the end of a move?

Without it you just get many seconds (60 - move time) of "I'm here, you can see me, I don't notice you, please smoke me now" OR, in RT you must keep an eye on all your moves and go back and "finish them with a hide and facing" . . .

Ideas? Is this here somewhere or something that surely will be coming in V1.0X?

Facing is added to the end of a chain of commands by selecting the final waypoint on screen, THEN issuing the facing command.

Note: this doesn't work for the first "turn" and I think that's because the first "turn" is actually a "setup plus" phase.

Originally posted by -E:

Facing is added to the end of a chain of commands by selecting the final waypoint on screen, THEN issuing the facing command.

Note: this doesn't work for the first "turn" and I think that's because the first "turn" is actually a "setup plus" phase.

Aha! I'll try this now. Had the same questions. Thanks for answering.

EDIT: Like ToadMan says it only stays greyed-out when you have the unit itself selected. Select a waypoint and you can define Hide, just like Face and Deploy Weapons as stated earlier in this thread.

[ July 30, 2007, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Yskonyn ]

If you click the unit itself, then yes, you have to wait until they stop moving before you can order them to hide.

But, if you click the waypoint they're going to, then you can select hide, and when they get there they will hide.

There is one exception to the above, a mounted squad cannot have a hide applied to their movement waypoint while they're mounted. Don't know why, but you can't at the moment. So you'd ahve to wait for them to dismount and be moving on foot, and then apply the hide to the waypoint.

TM

Originally posted by Yskonyn:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ToadMan:

But, if you click the waypoint they're going to, then you can select hide, and when they get there they will hide.

TM

Well I tried this after my own reply and I cannot get that to work, I am afraid. </font>

Just like suggested with the face command.

If you put the Hide command, Deploy Weapons command or any other secondary command in, after clicking the last waypoint, everything works fine.

Wohoo, works perfect. Thank you smile.gif

Just like suggested with the face command.

If you put the Hide command, Deploy Weapons command or any other secondary command in, after clicking the last waypoint, everything works fine.

cool !!! excellent thanks ... now if i can just figure out how to select the waypoint smile.gif