Cobra CAS footage, aka the Syrian armored forces should just go home.

akd

Originally posted by John D Salt:

When the glorious day dawns and I seize power, there will be an armed Logic Police with broad powers whose daily task it will be to protect the citizens of Great Britain from this kind of irrational and illiberal twaddle.

Until then, I suppose I shall have to content myself merely with pointing out some of the more egregious departures from fact and logic...

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Peter Cairns:

The whole point about gun bans be they in the UK, Canada, or Australia, was that they were designed to deal with a specific and deadly, but rare form of gun crime, namely the propensity of a very small number of gun enthusiasts to try them out on the general public.

Not so; gun control began in the UK in the 1920s, largely the result of government fear of the International Communist Conspiracy murdering us all in our beds. </font>

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... I think we can lock this one up. Before doing so, I'll just say that I am a gun enthusiast/owner and don't think gun control does anything to reduce crime, though I also don't see any evidence (besides the tired and easily disproven pro-gun propaganda) that it increases it either. Solve poverty and mental illness and you'll fix most of society's problems with violence. Fail to do that and whether it be fists, clubs, guns, knives, rope, rocks, heavy table lamps, whatever... people will continue to kill people. Unfortunately, since violence as a means to an end is one of the things we Humans cherish, I doubt we'll see any significant improvements before we snuff ourselves out completely.

Steve