When will Paradox ship the North Am boxes?

This is cheesing me off.

Once again I phoned the game store (EB Games) that already has my $40 in their pockets and once again the game is delayed. Now until Aug 24th. This is the fourth time that they have delayed CM:SF. I looked at EB Games website and they do not even have it listed anymore.

Does anyone know what is going on? Paradox fails to inform its customers (and I am assuming that they are the ones responsible for shipping it to the games stores in Canada/USA) and it is frustrating the hell out of me. I might as well wait for the Marine/Brit/Zulu module at this rate.

I know that there were some problems with the run. I am sympathetic to production problems (I am currently implementing a student information system for a large university). The thing that bothers me is the lack of information.

I have found that most people give you as much sympathy as you want provided you give them information.

Paradox has nothing on their website in the last 12 days that I could find regarding the delay. Even posting here about unexpected problems would make me feel like they cared. Honest information is the best excuse.

Delayed again!!!

I am reviving this thread as once again I was told that the retail version of this game has been delayed. No explanation, no information, just no it is not yet out. I think this is delay #5.

Looking at Paradox’s website, there has not been any news for a long time and EB Games has even removed it from their website. Will it even be released in retail in North America?

If I know for sure that there would be no retail copy in North America I would be more than willing (despite previous bad experiences) to down load through Battlefront.

Can anyone provide info so I can make an informed decision or will we just be treated like Mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed lots of S&%#)?

I know that this has nothing to do with BF but they may have some insight.

Hooray!! I picked the game up this afternoon from EB Games. Only CDN$39 which I consider fairly cheap for a good game.

I am still not playing though which is my own fault. My 8 year old son saw it and now won't let me play.

I am also not sure if I ever want to play against him though. After watching him play, the myth of daddy being good at these games will be quickly shattered. I think I will need some old farts like me (30s/40s) to play against.

BTW He picked up the icons, commands and camera movements in about 2 minutes. It might take me a month.

Good to hear it's finally out. CDN $39? Hmmm... that's going to cause a flurry of emails. Someone's not paying attention to contracts.

And 8 year olds don't count for stuff like this. Put an 8 year old in a room with someone who doesn't speak English and the little bugger will know more about that that person is saying in a few minutes than us older types could figure out in a month (unless drunk, then EVERYTHING is understood smile.gif )

Steve