Video of game running well

I look on youtube and all i can find is video released by battlefront, and frankly it is a bit choppy. I am wondering if any of the other guys out there (non-battlefront) who are getting good frame rates can post a little 5-10 minute clip on you tube of the game running at max settings in allah's fist, starting from the beginning. I'd be really interested to see what this game looks like when running well.

i guess it is a bit of a challenge.

i would love to see a video of the battle from which your picture was taken, Sivodsi.

please, please some of you who are fortunate to have great performance at max settings, share the visual splendor while others wait for patch 1.0X(I'm a bit too jaded at this point to put 4 in there, I guess I am even being a bit optimistic by putting the 0 after the decimal)

Ahh Google:

Encoding your Fraps Video using Windows Movie Maker

Windows movie maker is a video editing software included with Windows XP Service pack 2. If you do not have this piece of software, you can download it at Microsoft Update by pointing your Internet Explorer browser at http://update.microsoft.com

Once you have it installed, it can be found by clicking start, all programs, and then accessories.

1) Upon entering Windows movie maker, first ensure that the Tasks button is active on your upper toolbar. This opens another toolbar on the left side of your screen called "Movie Tasks".

2) Under Movie Tasks, you must click on "Import Video".

3) Travel to the directory you selected in step 4 of Using Fraps, and select the video you would like to encode.

4) Drag the video to the top bar of the timeline located at the bottom of Windows Movie maker.

5) Almost done! Go to File -> Save Movie file.

6) Choose "My Computer", then click next.

7) Name your file, select a location to save it to, and click next again.

8) Beneath "Best quality for playback on my computer" Click "Show more choices".

9) Select "Best fit to file size:" and select a file size for your video. This will lower the quality, however make it much easier to transfer over the internet. Click Next.

10) Once the video has completely finished encoding, click finish, and it should bring up a preview of the video. Ensure that all the details you with to be seen can clearly be seen.

***NOTE: When encoding the video, make sure you balance video quality with file size. The quality needs to be good enough so that we can at least make out the names of any significant players in the video. The filesize needs to be small enough so that it is not a burden to upload/download. You may have to do a few experiments to get the hang of it.

Originally posted by peleprodigy:

Ahh Google:

Encoding your Fraps Video using Windows Movie Maker

Peleprodigy, part of the problem with fraps is that when recording a movie it instantly knocks around 15fps off of your frame rate, at least it does in my system. Unfortunately short of sending the video to another system to record there isnt a lot of choice out there.

Ahhh Google indeed...

"Been there, done that"

Meaning

To have experienced the topic under discussion and become bored with it.

Origin

This originated in the early 1980s. It is generally regarded as an American expression. This item from the New York newspaper the Syracuse Herald-American, February 1982, which is the earliest version in print that I can find, puts that in some doubt. It's in a piece by Jerry Buck, writing out of Los Angeles, about actress Lauren Tewes:

"Miss Tewes, who has just got divorced, says she doesn't plan to get married at this time. Using an Australian expression, she says, 'Been there, done that.'

About a decade later 'got the t-shirt' was sometimes added for extra emphasis. An early citation of that is from Ski Survival, February. 1991:

"Knee Injuries. Rosemary Burns has been there, done that and got the T-shirt. She gives fellow sufferers her sympathy and sound advice."

Of course, it wasn't long before you really could get the T-shirt. They have become a favourite of alumni associations worldwide.

Thanks Peleprodigy, but I have tried that and my results were not good. The request is for a video of the game running "well", I could send you a video of a color chart in black and white but it kinda defeats the purpose.

I will see if I can figure it out and get something reasonable up.

Well, I just watched a video on youtube called "Thunder Run" or something that was actually made by Battlefront. It looked like it was made from the Allahs Fist map. The thing is, it ran horribly! It looked about as good as I can get it to run. And this is a video put on the web by Battlefront!

So I am starting to think that I don't actually have poor performance, but rather that is as good as one can get with this game.

It's curious, most of the people who claim to have great framerates are not running the settings maxed out, particularly at high resolution. so their expectations are lower. Until Battlefront fix this 'phantom bug' with the game, that is what I am left with to believe, at least until someone can show otherwise (so far no one has) I really want to be proven wrong.

[ September 03, 2007, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: peleprodigy ]