CMSF-Disappointing

Michael Dorosh

I have waited for 24 hours trying to understand your actions. I found it quite rude that a person I respected as a friend would suddenly stab me in the back. You took a e-mail that was designed as informal poll of HSG members and put it in a public forum without even trying to contact the author. You seem to think you have unconvered some kind of scandal but if you had taken the time to read this thread you would have seen that your post was redundent as I said the same thing as in that e-mail in my first post. I have nothing against modern warfare games. As you know HSG does historical wargame scenarios. I personally had over 50 scenarios and operations on the now defunct Scenario Depot. Almost all of which are based on a historical event. I am perfectly in my rights to raise my concerns in this forum that this new game has no historical content. The US and Syria have never fought a war. In fact they were allies in the first Gulf War. I believe that Battlefront have heard my concerns and they are the final say on the matter.

Secondly you think I have hidden my identity to do this thread. I have used the handle of Warmonger since I started designing CM scenarios back in 2000. As far as I know it is uniquely mine. Battlefront and many members of the CM community know me by this handle. If I wanted to hide my identity I would have created one that would not point directly at me. I have nothing to hide in this thread. I am just a concerned CM player who would like to see that the CM continues to be a world leader in warfare simulations. I am concerned that it is becoming water down and commericalized. My point has been made and that all I have to say on the subject.

With much regret as a fellow Canadian and CM scenario designer/player I have deleted you from the HSG data base as is your request.

I trust you are happy with your actions.

Tom "Warmonger" Grace

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't commercialization generally a good things for commercial products?

Can't make a lot of money selling to the same things to the same core group of people very long.

I myself never really had an interest in WWII until I got CMBO. The beta demo got me excited about the gaming system, which then got me excited about WWII gaming.

Maybe if you give the CMSF demo a try it'll do the same for you.

Originally posted by Warmonger2005:

Michael Dorosh

I have waited *snap*

Thank you for this - I'm sure by posting this in the public forum, instead of sending mD a private email, you are being at least as, possibly more so, dickheadish as MD was when he quite dickheadedly slagged you publicly over the email you sent him.

I am so glad you felt we all needed in on this personal soap opera - and in fact - it needs a new thread for all of us to see because the voices in my head don't have enough fuel to feed off of from all the asinine arguments that are threatening to turn this Forum into one big Peng thread...!

[ October 14, 2005, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: J Ruddy ]

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RMC:

Dickheadish. I don't think I'd find that in Reader's Digest. But, hey, I'm increasing my wordpower.

I seen that word in the Rednecked doaller Gazette. </font>

I have been thinking....*snip*

No, I don't think so....

Tom "Warmonger" Grace (for those you don't know who Warmonger is!)

You are supposed too be famous? What have you done except for bying multiple copies of CMx1 games?

/Björn Elfström