QBG ask: Do You like Big Maps?

If you do then you're in for a treat. The QB Group is working on a Complete set of Large Only Maps that allows the player to choose any size of Units from Tiny up to Huge and play them ALL on a large map. This can be placed in you Quick Battle Maps File with all our other maps but we recommend you Save/rename your current QBM file and Try these as a stand alone. You'll get at LEAST 2 maps for all terrains and all battle types...Usually more. Each map has multiple Plans for both sides so these Large Maps should have some staying power. It's a work in progress. We'll keep you posted

They work well. I played on a 1km by 1km map with nothing but a platoon of stryker infantry vs a platoon of BTR infantry and it took about 4 mins to pin each other down. Don't sound like much but compare it to the gunline small maps where it's over in a minute after intense missile and gunfire. Then the fight lasted about 25mins after both sides dismounted and took up firing positions. Yes this was a QB.

Tons of room to maneuver. I spotted the dust trails and set up a nice ambush. This new way of triplicate saving of maps gives you much more control over how much troops you face on a larger map.

Ofc nothing we can do about troops choice.

Yes!

I think the 'standard' size of a QB map should be 1kmx1km. Not saying that it's fun to make large maps (although you can save some time by making huge 4kx4k master maps and pair them down in the editor to 1km chunks-giving you plenty of scenarios for one map)

Small maps are even worse for CM:SF than they were for CM. Everything's just so much more lethal, and accurate. Not fun at all.

The large map sizes we are working on conform to what we have produced in Vol 1-3...Not Overly large but, we felt, room enough for maneuver. FPS is an issue for players. We plan no release of the Large edition until V1.04 is released. BFC has stated they have improved performance with the patch. Naturally the proof of the pudding is in the eating... ;)

I have been testing V1.04 on the large Battle maps we've been working on....At this early point in testing I can give a tentative YEEEEEEEEEEE----HAAAAAAAAA.....When I know more I'll report more. Please understand that testing is difficult, hard and time con....YEEEEEEEEE----HAAAAAAAA.....ahhhh time consuming...so it may be awhile before I can give full report of findings......dammit their on my flank....call for arty

Awesomeness! :)

Edit: I'd also like long battles, especially with large maps! Would be nice to see some 2h battles :)

Though Longer battles might favor the US Forces I still hate it when I have to rush so I don't run out of time... Or am I just too slow? :D

[ October 02, 2007, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: jensiii ]