A request: printable manual

CptWasp

The lack of a print friendly manual is SOP for BFC. Couple years ago I wanted to print out the manual for CMAK, sometimes I like to sit and read through a game manual - I pick up info every time that I didn't know before. And CMAK is very unprint friendly and a printed manual was not an option. And I didn't want to shell out big bucks for Adobe since I felt this would be the only time I used it. So I posted requesting a change. And waited. Never heard from BFC. So I bumped. Several times. Still never heard. I finally copied/pasted to Word and printed it out. I always thought that was very poor service. Now I'm thinking about buying this CM version. And not looking forward to copying/pasting 196 pages. From what I read here even the printed manual is difficult to read, it would especially be so for my old eyes. It would be EASY for BFC to put out a printer friendly manual. Matrix does it. I can't figure out why BFC is so stubborn.

You are aware that you don't have to print anything yourself, right? Purchase the download&hardgoods option, and you get a professionally printed and bound manual shipped.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this thread started because someone had to print out the manual because they purchased the Paradox version. It does not have a full manual and you cannot purchase a full manual separately.

Thus, they either have the choice of printing out the manual or buying the game through Paradox without a full manual (which does not disclose that it is not a full printed manual). Once they have already bought the game once paying for a much pricier copy of the downloads and hardgoods option is not very appealing.

Or if you bought the download version and then decide you want the manual as well it is difficult to do. Your reply mentions why print yourself when you can buy the printed manual -- can you purchase it separately?

I believe this thread started because someone had to print out the manual because they purchased the Paradox version. It does not have a full manual and you cannot purchase a full manual separately.

Thus, they either have the choice of printing out the manual or buying the game through Paradox without a full manual (which does not disclose that it is not a full printed manual). Once they have already bought the game once paying for a much pricier copy of the downloads and hardgoods option is not very appealing.

Or if you bought the download version and then decide you want the manual as well it is difficult to do. Your reply mentions why print yourself when you can buy the printed manual -- can you purchase it separately?

No, it's not possible to buy it seperately. We would have offered this option (it's easy) precisely to help Paradox customers who had to make do with the shortened retail manual (v1.00) - for reasons outside of our control -, but decided against it because our own printed manual (v1.01) is pretty much outdated by now anyway.

Moon "You are aware that you don't have to print anything yourself, right? Purchase the download&hardgoods option, and you get a professionally printed and bound manual shipped."

Yes I know. But I read on this thread that the printed manual is a bit hard to read. Plus it's a bit pricey with shipping and all. Before I retired no problem. But now I'd rather dl and save the extra bucks.