Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mark Mines!?

so, whats up with this command!? i never saw it working since 1.01 and i have no clue how to use it,...maybe thats why i didnt saw it working!?

is the only way to find mines my walking/driving in them again!?

last time i had engineers and i found a minefield with a vehicle, i reloaded and tried to find it with the engineers. i couldnt do it, the mark mines command is even grayed out!?

i never played wadi scouts since the game came out becouse of this command. how does it work, and what do i need to do to make it show up!? i wana play wadi scouts :D

anyone knows this "secret"?

Nothing new on that account, as far as I'm aware of.

Last time I asked about this issue was back in March, because someone claimed he'd managed to find mines with his engineers, but there never was any confirmation on what he actually did.

To sum up the latest findings:

you can only find mines by walking/driving over them. Once a minefield is spotted after such an explosion, you can order the engineers to "mark" the mines, but this doesn't do anything to the mines.

Actually the whole thing is completely pointless, since the position of the minefield has to be known before you can use the "mark mines" command.

thanks for the heads up, i find it quiet funny that we have a non functional command in the UI for about a year now :D

maybe the marines module/1.10 patch will fix it, i HAVE to try out wadi scouts at least once befor the WW2 game comes out :D

Engineers can mark KNOWN minefields. Their posture will switch to prone and after few minutes, the minefield flag will change colour from green to yellow (im not absolutely sure of the color).

After this, you can probably pass without injuries with Move order (or slow even).

Minefields are mainly strategic assets. They are used to channel enemy attacks or delay it (in strategical timescales) and are very effective for that purpose. If you see a minefield, either use another route, use transports or suck up the casualties.

askthemanual2sy7.jpg

this is telling me they should be able to "find" them or not!? tongue.gif

now its nice that we can mark knowen mines, but that serves no purpouse i think. you can use "quick" around the minefiled in nearly all cases, instead of slowing through the marked field. the "player" knows about the minefield, marked or not.

I recall awhile ago I mat have actually got regular MOUT infantry to 'mark mines', though its supposed to be an engineers-only capability. Not exactly earth-shaking since that green mine marker is not helping find new mines or neutralizing visible ones.

Sounds like a limited capability that might be expanded for future titles?