Back from the Dead, No WeGo?

WEGO is IN PBEM/Hot seat only. TCP/IP is for RT only. From one old timer to another buy the game and play WEGO like I am now. In case anyone cares to know: I always played CM as PBEM and never once played it TCP/IP...so I can't bitch much about TCP/IP which favors RT style play. Just seems a logical split to me

Mark;

No, I fully understand. I play with a group of friends, even to this day. Never PBEM, not even once and rarely against the AI. No WeGo in network play is puzzling to me and a deal breaker. Im sure CM:SF is an amazing game, just not going to fit with how I play. A few bugs here and there are no big deal, remember the first CM smile.gif Im sure it will get sorted out and everyone will be happy. I will check back later in the year and see if it has WeGo network, if not, thats cool. Absolutly nothing wrong with CMBB at all smile.gif

Steel

• 2 weeks later...

Steel you can play TCP/IP as quasi WEGO by using a variation on PBEM.

You save the file as per PBEM but to a network folder (use a server, personal file sharing, .Mac file space whatever) then your opponent opens it as if they had just received the email.

It adds extra steps and means you can't chat or impose time limits like the "old" TCP/IP but it can be done.