To the creators of CMSF-- THANKS!

cyborg

I just want to say thanks to creators of CMSF. For many years, I enjoyed CM games and purchase all of them. I was elated when I discovered that CMSF was coming out and told some of my friends. When I first played the game I was extremely disappointed and angry because the game was saturated with problems.

Just recently, I took some leave from work (military) and other challenges in life, and kicked back and played CMSF 1.06. :D MAN, I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!! :D The CMSF 1.06 helped me recover. The developers of CMSF did a great job with rectifying many of the errors. I am now ready to suggest the game to my friends again.

Thanks CMSF developers for your diligence and hard work!

[ February 19, 2008, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: cyborg ]

I second that my brutha. I too have purchased all of the CM games (cmx1 series twice!). Reading the forums has really showed me that battlefront cares about putting out a quality product and making us happy. I do agree that it would have been nice if 1.0 was as good as 1.06, but even before 1.06 I still liked the game.

Btw, thank you, cyborg, for your service!

Originally posted by cyborg:

The developers of CMSF did a great job with rectifying many of the errors. I am not ready to suggest the game to my friends again.

Thanks CMSF developers for your diligence and hard work!

I assume you meant "I am now ready to suggest the game to you friends" ?

At some point I was afraid the CMSF code was a dead end as it had so many problems in version 1.0->1.05. After each patch the hope diminished even more as there where so many problems left and the lacking AI and pathfinding made it impossible to "get sucked in", forgetting about the AI and blaming yourself for mistakes instead of the AI.

I fully agree with you that 1.06 did the trick. Suddenly I could play the game without thinking about irritating bugs. At some point, a game engine does the job good enough that you think of the heaps of polygons and textures as units and not as something that is produced by a computer program... CMSF version 1.06 does that - for lengthy periods. After 1.12 or something I guess the game will be really good. I am really looking forward to the modules and naturally the return to WWII...

/Mazex