Quickbattles

I've just downloaded the 1.01 from paradox and played a Quickbattle...ummm...you can't buy your forces??? the computer gives you units by random?? what the *biep*???????????

I know I should not compare the other CM titles with this new one, but the buying my own army was one of the mainpoint becauce I loved the games so much!

1000 points or whatever and you have to create your own army and then play against the army created by your opponent...

Big step backwards guys.... :(

No not really.

It means the end of people “cherry picking”. You now get real organisations and have to use them properly.

No more Flak Wagons and Italian SMG squads.

I think its fine (my opinion only though).

Aside: I guess this means you did find them?

Guys...at last it is a game! so I want to play it that way I enjoy it...so if you like a realistic formation..do so! but I loved it to create my armys...and I mixed them very well...

*sigh* well...nice game...but unfortunately not the game I was looking for to have nice matches vs. my brother...

I don't mind realistic formations, but was he correct that you don't have any input at all in quick battles? You get whatever the computer decides you will have, or was he mistaken?

So outside the editor, you will never see M1s fighting with Strykers? Or am I wrong here?

[ July 27, 2007, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: rlg85 ]

Well there are about 20 parameters (time, duration, weather, etc.) that you select from and then the computer matches it up.

In terms of forces you can have:

US heavy (mech) Vs Syrian light

US light Vs Syrian heavy

US Heavy Vs US Heavy

Syrian Vs Syrian

unconventional Vs unconventional

etc.

But you don’t get 1000 points to buy what you feel like and pit it against whatever your opponent bought with their 2500 points.

Get the idea.

This is a bummer, not a huge deal though. This was part of the fun of tinkering with stuff and experimenting that gave the sandbox feel to the CM series. Sure it's not all that realistic to cherry pick, but that's not the point.

But I'm sure there'll be boatloads of scenarios coming out over time, so we'll see all kinds of different units/formations eventually. Or just build your own to experiment with, I know I did alot this.

Yes...Rune is right..you can't really chose what unit you want to have..

Sure I could use the Missioneditor...but it is quite complicated for someone like me who wants to have a QUICKbattle...

well...no sense to complain about...my bad I did not inform myself enough before purchasing the game..

but I didn't say the game is crap! it is fun to play it, but for me the most important part was the QB...

Originally posted by DocMcJansen:

but for me the most important part was the QB...

Same here, I guess I am in the minority, but when I played the earlier CM games, I played against close friends and point buying our units. We never got too gamey but once in a while it was we would change things up to catch the other by supprise.

Oh and we liked to play the battles that used the same map for several missions (forgot name) and that is gone also.

I hope Modern combat, real time and better control makes up for those losses.