Syria and Russia

Holo

A report just landed on my desk this morning that says Syria and Russia have worked out a deal which would trade natural gas and other natural resources in exchange for paying down its debt and opening up the way for new arms deals.

I will keep an eye on this.

One think Steve said earlier I had missed and want to address.

5. A handful of BMP-3s. Probably only enough for the recon elements of the Republican Guard Armor Division. We aren't going to include the BMP-3.
I think that would be a mistake. I have seen evidence which shows that the Syrian airborne has a stock of BMP-3s and would mount a portion of the airborne division on these.

I think it should most certainly be modeled.

Whenever modules are discussed all of the focus has been on the Blue team (Marine module, Brit module). But there's no law against adding extra capabilities to the Syrians as events warrant, too. If in the spring of '07 we start to see lots of news footage of Syrian T90s and BMP-3s on the Lebanon/israel/Syria border it would be difficult for BFC to not add them to a module. Sorta like leaving out Stryker MGS just as MGS starts to get news coverage.

So if you really want to see Syrian T-90 or BMP-3 in the game pray that a Reuters or BBC camera team films 'em in action soon. :D

I think my point has been missed.

Syria HAS 75-85 BMP-3s

This is not a report or speculation or reporting ona deal.

These are actual platforms on the ground in Syria that have been purchased and delievered.

I am close to 100% convinced they have the weapon.

It is not a fantasy weapon, it is a weapon that BF should change their minds and include because the army they wish to model actualy uses it.

I can't say it any clearer than that smile.gif

Originally posted by rudel.dietrich:

Syria HAS 75-85 BMP-3s

These are actual platforms on the ground in Syria that have been purchased and delievered.

It is not a fantasy weapon, it is a weapon that BF should change their minds and include because the army they wish to model actualy uses it.

Steve has already said that the number would not justify including it.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

We aren't going to include the BMP-3.

They just don't want to include it.

Originally posted by akd:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rudel.dietrich:

Syria HAS 75-85 BMP-3s

</font>

Originally posted by rudel.dietrich:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by akd:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rudel.dietrich:

Syria HAS 75-85 BMP-3s

</font>

Well, i suppose that's what we get for demanding working suspension and hatches on our high polygon count , dynamically lighted tanks! As the complexity goes up the number of unit types they're able to shoe-horn onto the disk probably drops like a rock. Me, I'd LOVE to see the M1117 4x4 big wheel MP AC in the game but I will not be surprised if its not in there.