M231 Firing Port Weapon

Will the M231be modeled at all?

Is it used anywhere other than the rear doors of the Bradley?

I doubt there would be too many scenarios that required the use of it, but it sure would be cool if the dismounting infantry let loose with a few bursts. The 30 round mag wouldn't last too long, but it would sound cool.

I recall a conversation on another forum on this topic. I believe an infantryman said that though his Bradley still had that one rear door port left his unit at least hadn't been issued the dedicated door weapon. I believe on this forum there was an Army pict of a Humvee in Iraq. A sharp-eyed observer pointed out that the roof gunner's secondary weapon looked like it had the screw-end of a M231! God knows where he got it from.

That being said, I don't have a clue if the M231 is modeled! ;) For one thing it would be suicide to keep infantry onboard if you've got enemy to your rear close enough shoot at with the thing. in a couple days you can try it yourself. Load-up a Bradley and try sneaking some Syrian infantry up from behind. I'll bet instead of mg fire through the door port you'll get a blast of 25mm or coax 7.62 from that fast-rotating turret.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I believe on this forum there was an Army pict of a Humvee in Iraq. A sharp-eyed observer pointed out that the roof gunner's secondary weapon looked like it had the screw-end of a M231! God knows where he got it from.

I seem to recall the guy in the photo died about a month later, as well. :(

Yeah, that was one of the Pictures threads. THats the only place the Search found any reference to the M231.

I'll just do what MikeyD suggests with some Syrian forces and see what happens. TWO DAYS....

Another curious thing about that weapon is that insane ROF. If you go to the trouble of designing and manufacturing a specialized weapon like that, why give it such high ROF and a standard 30 round clip? It seems a drum mag would be a better choice, but hey, what do I know?