Interesting new Game Global Conflict Palestine

The Middle East is far away. This is your chance to get closer. Play a young journalist that has just arrived in Israel, and shape the region's future in a peaceful direction. You must complete your assignment at all cost navigating between Palestinians and Israeli sources to get your article. Will you be able to stay objective and maintain trust on both sides as the conflict escalates. What happens when people become much more than just your sources...

While playing the game as a student or player you will learn about the conflict. You will engage with real personal stories seeing the conflicts from different perspectives and experience why the Israeli-Palestinian conflict just won't go away. The game will have extensive support for educational use with features like encyclopedia, primary sources, assessment and teacher's manual.

web page Palestine Global Conflict home page

This game is in no way a competitor to CM:SF but the setting is similiar and the movie trailer (from in the game) that they show on the web page is interesting.

The music was very nice. (Good Middle Eastern Music I think)

I have watched the trailer a few times now, and the graphics are not specatular, (maybe one or two "notches" above CMx1 style graphics) BUT the soundtrack on the video was somehow haunting and moving, like the opening theme from a movie, like Blackhawk Down. IMHO

I mention it here only becasuse it is new, and game is set in the Middle east and it has civilians in it. Set in an urban Middle East setting (Israel/Palestine) with cars and checkpoints and the like. (But the player does not direct any military conflict, it looks like you are journalist and you "just" watch it go by. I think)

smile.gif

-tom w

[ October 18, 2006, 07:23 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Looks like a VERY depressing version of 'The Sims'. Still, considering a distressing percentage of American highschool students couldn't find Israel on a map(!) any info of any sort in any medium has got to be a help.

A CMSF thought related to this game. Are chain link fences included? zero concealment, zero protection, but a b_tch to get over gracefully.

It looks like an interesting idea. I think they've tried to take a neutral stance - which means it becomes a bit worthy and politically-correct. I think that may hamper sales as it will seem a little dry/dull as a scenario set in Israel?Palestine. Time will tell, but best of luck and great for thinking a bit laterally.

I thought it looked like an interesting idea foor a game which is why I posted it here. (I had considered titleing the thread CM:SF meets The Sims in the Middle East :D but that did not really sound right...)

I am also wondering about its potential sales?

I am not in the video game business (NOT even close) but this does not look like a big seller to me?

your comments?

Will it sell well? or be a dud and flop, destined for the bargin bin in SHORT order?

-tom w

Will it sell?

How many billions of people in Muslim countries currently, and what proportion of them under the age of 20? I can imagine a game like this showing up on PCs around the world (especially if it has some propaganda value) but selling almost zero in the U.S. We'd rather play "Grand Theft Auto" or 'Godfather" shooter games. Ach - imagine the impression those games give of U.S. society around the world?!

How many billions of people in Muslim countries currently, and what proportion of them under the age of 20? I can imagine a game like this showing up on PCs around the world
Um

OK

But did any of them actually PAY for the game?

As you say, look who it appeals to and ask your self how many of them will actually pay money to legally buy the game?

wondering

-tom w

[ October 18, 2006, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]