Bill Cowher Challenges Peng to give him a big kiss for luck.

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

All our times have come

Here but now they're gone

Seasons don't fear the reaper

Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain. we can be like they are

Come on baby...don't fear the reaper

Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper

We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper

Baby I'm your man...

Valentine is done

Romeo and Juliet

Are together in eternity...Romeo and Juliet

40,000 men and women everyday...Like Romeo and Juliet

40,000 men and women everyday...Redefine happiness

Another 40,000 coming everyday...We can be like they are

Come on baby...don't fear the reaper

Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper

We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper

Baby I'm your man...

Love of two is one

Came the last night of sadness

And it was clear she couldn't go on

Then the door was open and the wind appeared

The candles blew then disappeared

The curtains flew then he appeared...saying don't be afraid

Come on baby...and she had no fear

And she ran to him...then they started to fly

They looked backward and said goodbye...she had become like they are

She had taken his hand...she had become like they are

Come on baby...don't fear the reaper.

Does this mean you are finally going to do it? Something dramatic, I trust? Like leaping off a tall building while simultaneously disemboweling yourself with a large knife after swallowing cyanide? Oh joy! Go for it! Go! Go! Go!

Michael

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by stoat:

Sure.

To all of my *insert degrading adjective here* opponents: I shan't be able to send out turns on the morrow. Boo: This goes for the one I owe you as well. I really don't feel like setting up a defense in depth at the moment. I was seriously considering hitting "go" with my troops still lined up at the back. Them's good tactics.

NOT ACCEPTABLE!

I'll have you know that I took great pains in making sure my initial set up for the attack resembled nothing less than a dog's breakfast! Giving my very greenest troops the approach avenues with little or no cover, leading with my thinnest shelled vehicles, steering towards areas that I'm fairly certain are heavily mined.

In other words, aiming for a personal best.

The least you could have done was the same!

Posted this over at the Windjammer Forum. Thought the Ladies of the Pool might enjoy it.

Chris & Shary's 1 Week Wedding Cruise - Feb 2006

Friday

Travel…ugg. Up at O' Dark Thirty. It's a long way to Grenada from the frozen tundra of Minnesota. But finally getting off the plane and into the humidity makes it all worth while. Get into the Mariposa, throw on the swimsuit, and down to the pool for Carib's. Oxford from the Yankee Clipper shows up and the party goes rather late. 2 or 3 AMish…

Saturday

Up early and to the beach! The womenfolk support the general population of Grenada, the men hang out in the surf and drink more Carib's. Clean up for dinner (think I put on clean flip-flops) and it's off to Patrick's. Great food as always, highly recommended. I introduce the newbies to the joy of bush rum and the party goes rather late. Somehow, I just didn't catch the time on this one…

Sunday

Pack up and get ready for the ship. Catch a van, head over to the Carnage, and there's the Mandalay. We still have plenty of time to kill, so we book the cab driver for a tour. Same guy as two years ago believe it or not. Up to Annandale Falls we go. Hordes of people and vendors as there's two foo-foo's in port. Get out of there quickly and further up to Grand Etang we go to stay ahead of them. The soon-to-be new stepdaughter's one wish was to see monkeys. And next thing you know, here comes a troop of Mona's wandering up the path. Think she burned a little film there. Back down the hill we go, stop at the fort for a bit, then it's finally time to get on the ship for Stowaway Night. The usual check-in stuff, after which Captain Fernando moves the ship out as we are really rolling against the quay. The launch was getting a beating on the concrete. And the party goes rather late…are you starting to see a trend here?

Monday

Finally, time to go. The Yankee Clipper beats us off the mark and gives us a gun, but we're soon right behind her. Volunteers!!! Sit back and enjoy watching the newbies. See, guys? I didn't lie too you. Beautiful as always. We have calmer seas than the last two week trip, which I heard had twenty five footers. However, still running about eight. Not good for a first sail for the two motion prone in our party. After a few hours, they're a little green. Sit them on the fantail and feed them ginger ale. We pull in to Carriacou for dinner, which helps a lot. Then it's up hook, and off to Bequia overnight.

Tuesday

Don't think anyone got much sleep last night. Not used to the motion yet and we're still in the Christmas Winds. The divers go off and report back that it's too choppy for the snorkel safari, so that's canceled. Eh well, Port Elizabeth is a favorite. Plenty to do in town. In we go and the womenfolk get serious about boosting the economy. Eventually, the sun wins out and I talk them in to going down to the Frangipani for Carib's. Later, it's back to the ship, clean the sand off my flip-flops, and I'm dressed for dinner. Mac's for Lobster Pizza. Even better than the last time. Bring back one for 1st Mate Duane. Seems soooomebody in the crew (or all the crew) ate the one I sent back for him last trip. This one is properly hand delivered to the bridge. Movie night tonight, which sort of put a crimp into partying around the bar. Oh well, needed the sleep anyway.

Wednesday

5 AM the hook comes up and we're off to St. Vincent. Just don't know how I missed that sail raising event. Oh yeah, comfy bed. But I heard it at least. When I finally climb out of the sack, we're tied to the pier in Kingstown. Send the newbies off on the speedboat tour, me and the bride go to the Fort and Botanical Gardens. The bride is an avid gardener. This is good for her. I may never have to mow grass again. There may not be any left after she's seen this. However, it is steaming hot in the Gardens, and we're hungry, so back for lunch and swizzles we go. Speedboat and Jeep tours come back later. Raise sail for Bequia again to get out of the swell for dinner. While we sail the Seahunt takes place. Three way tie for Miss Mandalay. These guys must have all took pole dancing lessons or something. After a great dinner, PPP party. The bride is a Pre-Teen, I'm a Pervert. The rest of the costumes shall remain nameless to protect the guilty. Up hook afterwards and away we go to get to the Tobago Cays at first light. We stay up way too late tonight as the stars are really out. Incredible. Almost like being up in the Boundary Waters in the winter.

Thursday

Pull in to the Tobago Cays. Grab a bottle of champagne and head for the beach. Nothing better than drinking champagne on the Tobago Cays. Still to choppy too for good snorkeling though. Somehow, I didn't really miss it though. You never get enough time on the Cays. Back to the ship, around Salt Whistle Bay we go, and we're at Mayreau where the Yankee Clipper is waiting. Pour the shot into her sides. Seems we interrupted their Captain's nap. Later, they attempt to get even with a water balloon slingshot. Bunch of limp wristed old women over there, didn't even come close. We man the rail and present a proper target to express our feelings. They still miss.

It's TIME. Today's The Day. Getting hitched. Don't know who's more nervous, us or Captain Fernando. It's his first wedding. Off we go to the beach to pick out a good spot. Going to be beautiful pics. Mandalay and the Yankee Clipper in the background, us on the beach. Captain Fernando does a fine job and the crew did too. Baked a cake for us and set up a table full of champagne for everyone. Can't thank them enough for making it a truly memorable day.

Later, as we're heading back to the ship Captain Fernando points out a guy selling lobsters to me. $20 for a big three pound plus live lobster. In the bag he goes for the beach barbeque, I'm eating good tonight. As I mentioned, both ships are here, so we have quite the spread tonight. General feasting commences. Afterwards, it's time to climb the hill for the pub crawl. Instant wedding reception, just add passengers!

Friday

We head over to Union to clear out of the Grenadines, and suddenly, it's last sail. Where did the time go? Definitely a two weeker again next time, I'm just getting into this. Raised the square sails as we're pretty much headed straight downwind. Ride is a lot easier but we're still rolling pretty good. Arrive back at Grenada in the dark and tie up next to the Clipper. Tonight, the party goes with a vengeance, we have to use up those doubloons!!!

Saturday

Quiet ship. Most have departed for early flights. We, however, have another night at the Mariposa. Make our goodbyes at noon, swear we're coming back, and sadly head out. Get to the Mariposa. Surprise! Seems the pool liner sprung a leak while we were gone. No Problemo. Back to the beach. Beach is always better than pool in my book. Dinner and a few drinks, then to bed. We too have an early flight.

Sunday

To the airport. Drone on the prop job as the sun comes up. San Juan. Drone on the big jet for the afternoon. Orlando. Oh dear god, look at all the children. Stupid Mousetown. Drone on a small noisy jet for the evening. Home again at O' Dark Thirty in 10 degrees. At least it wasn't snowing.

And here endeth the tale. Till next time…

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Does this mean you are finally going to do it? Something dramatic, I trust? Like leaping off a tall building while simultaneously disemboweling yourself with a large knife after swallowing cyanide? Oh joy! Go for it! Go! Go! Go!

Actually no... it was just the song that came on at the time, which then reminded me of my dream job.

The Grim Reaper... Dear Peng now that's a job I could do.

The current one seems to be lacking a sense of humour, if I was a Grim Reaper you'd have so many minor celebrities falling out of their windows we'd all need umbrella's...

…

... which could somehow withstand people crashing into them at terminal velocity

… Perhaps a magic umbrella would work, they must exist… like in that film with the crazy witch. She could fly using an umbrella… I’m assuming it’s because of the umbrella anyhow. I mean she could have an innate ability to fly & just use the umbrella for effect… not too sure what effect that would be though.

Then again other witches seem to rely on their brooms for flight so there’s probably a good chance that witches don’t have an innate ability to fly but must instead use some kind of magical cleaning implement… or perhaps a piece of furniture in regards to flying carpets, which are in any case flying rugs when you actually think about it.

Then again this is all to do with flight, not shock absorption & armour resistance.

I mean what kind of forces are we talking about… right okay if I remember mass equals… no, no, no momentum equals mass multiplied by velocity. So a minor celebrity weighing say 159 pounds falling at I don’t know 2232 inches a second gives a value of well over 32,000… things

I just don’t see how any magic umbrella could resist such an impact… and for everyone to have to carry one just because it might finally be the time for that guy who played Joey in Friends or some bloody rapper with a dumb ass name like 20p to kick the bucket just seems a logistical nightmare.

You know it’s probably more complicated than it looks that Grim Reaper lark… perhaps in the end it’s for the best if I stick to the Petri dishes and leave the reaping to the experts.

Perhaps a magic umbrella would work, they must exist… like in that film with the crazy witch. She could fly using an umbrella…

You mean Mary Poppins?

Best not let Yeknod hear you calling Julie a witch.

Would not be healthy.

And don't you owe me a turn or a game or some money?

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

Perhaps a magic umbrella would work, they must exist… like in that film with the crazy witch. She could fly using an umbrella…

You mean Mary Poppins?

Would not be healthy.

And don't you owe me a turn or a game or some money? </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

You mean Mary Poppins?

Would not be healthy.

And don't you owe me a turn or a game or some money? </font>

The Grim Reaper... Dear Peng now that's a job I could do.

No doubt it would come naturally to you. All you would have to do is go on another of your long, rambling, pointless harangues and pretty soon everybody in the room would be cutting their own throats just to escape the excruciating boredom of listening to you.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

A Spoonful of Radley helps the medicine go down

The medicine go down-wown

The medicine go down

Just a spoonful of Radley helps the medicine go down

In a most delightful way

What brought that on? Or should I say up?

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shosties:

Just a random vacuum fluctuation; the creation of a particle-antiparticle pair from the infinte Dirac sea of the Quantum Donkey.

Oh I thought you said random vacuum flatulance.

btw you one of ours? *stares suspiciously* </font>