Refining the AI/Scenario Possibilities

Are there plans to address the following issues - hopefully in the short term (1.06/1.07)?

<ul>[*]Allow the AI to coordinate artillery and CAS during the fight. This particularly hamstrings the BlueFor and limits the scenario designer to creating a far narrower envelope of tactical outcomes than should be possible. Some have noted this omission here.

[*]Reinforcements do not appear to deploy to setup zones created in various plans like units will if they are assigned to the map at the beginning of a scenario.

As a result, the player must manually place reinforcing units in their desired setup zones for them to enact a plan upon their entry to the fight. This eliminates the possibility of reinforcements approaching from variable routes as outlined by differing plans.

Example:

A unit cannot approach from an eastern setup zone in plan one or approach from a western setup zone in plan two because reinforcing units only appear in their manually placed positions via the "Deploy Blue/Red" function and will not obey the setup commands as dictated by plans.

Am I overlooking something here?

My thanks for any information.

You can change setup locations in the AI plans. The thing is you have to put a setup zone in that area. The AI won't place units outside legal setup zones. I regularly have my units change setup locations when they change plans. As a scenario designer you might end up making 3/4 of the map a setup zone for one side or the other.

Thanks to everyone for being willing to spend the time.

I am clearly missing a step as I cannot get these units to appear properly after quite a bit of fanagling.

Here is the process I am using:

<ul>

[*]Mark a broad "Red Setup" zone on the "Map" screen

[*]Purchase unit

[*]Assign group using "F2." Curiously, on the "Purchase Red" screen the label "A2" is assigned, however

if I then select "Deploy Red" and view the unit on the map it notes "A1" in the interface. Why?

[*]Assign reinforcement "1" (5 min., exact)

[*]Go to "AI" screen, select "Red Plan 1" and "Group 2"

[*]"Setup" is the default action so I mark the zone on the "AI" screen map - I repeat this process for "Red Plan 2" and "Group 2."

Note: the "AI" screen setup zones are within the broader "Red Setup" zone that was created in the first step.

[*]Both plans are set to "Use Frequently"

[*]"Exit Before" is 30 sec.

[*]Save scenario

Playtesting consistently reveals the units appearing at the 5 min. mark at the location they are arbitrarily placed on the map

after they are purchased not in the setup zones marked on the "AI" screen.

Placing the units in the broad "Map" screen "Red Setup" zone does not help. Interestingly, if I manually place the unit in the "AI" screen setup zone using the "Deploy Red" function they will execute a plan.

Question:

Is there a way to orient reinforcements to a given direction if they appear from opposite compass points as the result of two different plans? Having a unit appear with their back toward the OPFOR is not desireable.

If someone could shed some light on what I am doing wrong I would be most appreciative.