Please change the Shock Force Logo, it hurts my brain

J Ruddy

Oh, and yeah... I have a bunch of pictures of the 48th in ACU gear. In most of the pictures the guys are armed with M16A2 or M16A4, as well as M4 with and without rails. Heck, there is a picture of a platoon of the 48th at a firing range (Kuwait or Iraq) and it looks like ever last one of them is a M16.

This is not surprising. The Guard and Marines tend to hold onto older equipment a lot longer than Active Army units. You don't get new stuff unless you have funding to buy them! And like any organization, there is a pecking order for funds.

Steve

Hell, I've seen M60s that've gotta be older than dirt along with the newest M4s in some Guard units over in Iraq.
Anybody know if M60s are still used for the 7.62 punch?

I think there are a few scenes in Black Hawk Down where ranger squads are using SAW and M60s.

Some UK infantry units use 7.62 GPMGs for their firepower sometimes, even if their supposed to be fitted to vehilces.

The Army can't use Marpat, apparently the Marines have some kind of legal rights to it.

I actually like the Cadpat a lot - the woodland looks great in the green areas and the desert looks great in Afghanistan.

002.jpg

That's pretty good - even right out in the open.

10-23c_KA2004-R104-0272d.jpg

Best pic of desert cadpat I could find on short notice.

Maybe if we ever ressurect the 1st Special Service Force the Army'll do the right thing and issue Cadpat. ;)

Originally posted by vincere:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Hell, I've seen M60s that've gotta be older than dirt along with the newest M4s in some Guard units over in Iraq.

Anybody know if M60s are still used for the 7.62 punch?

I think there are a few scenes in Black Hawk Down where ranger squads are using SAW and M60s.

Some UK infantry units use 7.62 GPMGs for their firepower sometimes, even if their supposed to be fitted to vehilces. </font>

The exact pattern and colors of MARPAT are copyrighted. There is even a USMC Globe&Anchor logo embedded in it. But the Philippines, China, Jordan, and others are using digital patterns that are very similar to each other as well as MARPAT and CADPAT. Italy and Finland have some damned fine digital patterns just being issued as well. Others will likely follow.

First CADPAT and MARPAT stuff I saw in person were down at Ft. Knox back in 2002. Very tough to get a hold of CADPAT, but I have more than I need now. Well, except for Arid CADPAT! Which I find to be superior to Desert MARPAT, which is just a recolored version of Temperate while Arid CADPAT is a different design.

BTW, if you can't tell... I'm a camo grog. And to prove it, as I am looking at those CADPAT pics I just happen to be wearing CADPAT pants smile.gif Small world.

Steve