CM:SF N. Korea ... why not ?

IDILIX

Makes more sense to me ... Better trained and armed enemy. Possible use of tacnukes,and added 'china intervenes' option so more weaponry on the battlefield.

I seriously believe it makes more sense than simulating a war that will not possibly last more than the number of hours necessary for an M1 to cruise from Turkish border to Damascus.

but we can hope for modules addressing that conflict, once they get the coding work done to deal with modern weapons systems. I can even hope, in my closet, with the light turned off, for ...... Fulda '85!!!!!!

Even with no official BFC module, I am sure that modders and independent scenario designers could cobble something together.

Steve G. Jones

"My hypnosis session with Steve G. Jones was the most relaxing experience I have ever had in my life. Steve was so understanding of my past problems and woke me to a new realization of my goals and the road to a new beginning. This has changed my future in baseball. I now step on the field more confidently and poised with an excellent outlook on the way I pitch."

Beau Upchurch, Pitcher, Dodgers baseball team

I don't think China would intervene on behalf of it's insecure, more-then-a-little-kooky southern neighbor.

In the 50's, sure.

Now that the USA is one of China's biggest partners - not very likely.

Nor is 'mass' an advantage in modern combat. Not with things like CAS specifically trained over the last 50 years to deal with a massed Soviet attack.

At least the Soviets had the hope of better weaponry, leadership and lots of prep and supporting fires. Little Kim can't support much on those 8" heels of his. ;)

I think it won't be super difficult to mod though - just replace desert with grass, diffrent houses, trees, uniforms and sound bytes.

Originally posted by Ivan Drago:

I think it won't be super difficult to mod though - just replace desert with grass, diffrent houses, trees, uniforms and sound bytes.

North Korea isn't like Kansas, you know. It is very rugged which limits the mobility of mechanized units, and from what I hear, would give Strykers a hard time off-road.

Originally posted by stoat:

North Korea isn't like Kansas, you know. It is very rugged which limits the mobility of mechanized units, and from what I hear, would give Strykers a hard time off-road.

Neither is Syria.

I think Steve mentioned in a few threads that the difficult and varried terrain in Syria is one of the smaller reasons behind it being chosen - or somefink.

saladin1.jpg

MaalulaVillage6.jpg

Doesn't look exactly tank-friendly, now does it?