Can't confirm. Will the U.S. have trucks?

Sequoia

I know this won't be a big issue to some, but second echelon vehicles are an interest of mine and I've searched several threads looking for an answer. I believe Humvees are in, and the Syrians will have trucks and maybe even pickups, but I can't find confirmation that the U.S. will have trucks available for scenario makers. I know there was even some talk of trucks being excluded from CMX1 at one time. I think trucks would be good for convoy duty and rear area raid scenarios which would provide some nice variety. At least I'm not asking for motorcycles and horses(or camels). ;)

who knows, maybe the Army would reactivate them, considering the Army is devoting many armored transports to Iraq and Afghanistan, does the US really have enough APCs and ICVs after 2 wars and occupations to fight another full-scale conflict exclusively using armored transports?

actually, with all the new Stryker shipments that I've heard the Army ordering, probably ya.

Yes, the American forces will have *some* trucks available to them. This is a time suck that has a rather low payoff since the number of scenarios that would use trucks responsibly is pretty low proportional to scenarios on the whole. But it is something that we do find important and that means we'll try to slip in a few trucks into each Module so that by the time the game is "complete" you'll have the full range of stuff.

Rudel,

You are correct that the NG still uses a lot of them. However, most of the trucks that went into Iraq early on have been deadlined for one or another reason. That means the mix of trucks now, and in the near future, compared to even 2 years ago is quite different. Remember that a lot of the trucks were already 20+ years old and the desert environment is not kind to the elderly :D There was a huge controversy about the age of the vehicles hurting our war effort back in 2004 IIRC.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Yes, the American forces will have *some* trucks available to them. This is a time suck that has a rather low payoff since the number of scenarios that would use trucks responsibly is pretty low proportional to scenarios on the whole.

Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Low payoff? The ability to recreate DeanCo's "Monster Army Truck Race" scenario alone is worth the effort! See this thread for additional details.

You game designers just never get it, do you? :D

I almost bought a SUSV or a BV-206. The SUSV was overpriced (guy thought he could make a fortune... wrong!) and the BV-206 required too many stamps to get it from Stockholm to New England. Bummer as I was SOOO close to getting one too. The Swedish BV-206 also came with the snazzy camo pattern for free smile.gif

BTW, British Royal Marines used their BV-206s in the Basra area during the initial phase of OIF. They are also designed for sand as well as snow.

Steve