Artillery kill reports

Dillweed

Something that always bugged me in CMx1: At the end of the battle when looking at the kills for various units the artillery spotter always has either 0 kills or perhaps just a few. This is the case even if the artillery strike was the major turning point of the battle.

Anyone know why this is, and if it will be fixed in CMx2?

I am not sure why, Dill,

But a while back there was a debate on the CMAK site about just how detailed after action reports should be.

One school of thought wanted a far more detailed breakdown, which had casualities by type and even things like partical penetrations etc.

Me I wanted something closer to a AAR, which just gave confirmed dead or whatever and which read more like a description that a field CO would actually give, rather than a computer print out, though now doubt pretty soon unit commmanders will probably de getting a computerised report with video etc.

Peter.

Originally posted by Dillweed:

Something that always bugged me in CMx1: At the end of the battle when looking at the kills for various units the artillery spotter always has either 0 kills or perhaps just a few. This is the case even if the artillery strike was the major turning point of the battle.

The kills reported in the AAR are those that were observed and confirmed. Since a lot of arty kills are out of sight, they cannot be confirmed. I happen to like that feature because it realistically reproduces what the situation would be on the battlefield. YMMV.

Michael

Huh! That's something I didn't know about the game.

In CMBB's AAR the AI is perfectly happy telling you how many hundreds you've killed with your Sturmtiger, without visual confirmation. I've been assuming a low artillery kill simply meant you drove the enemy to ground, supressed and paniced them, but simply didn't kill many of them.

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dillweed:

The kills reported in the AAR are those that were observed and confirmed. Since a lot of arty kills are out of sight, they cannot be confirmed. I happen to like that feature because it realistically reproduces what the situation would be on the battlefield. YMMV.

Michael </font>