Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

New player need help

I started to play CM:SF few days ago. Thank God I didn't buy it earlier. I tested 1.0 and it was horribly compared to 1.05. My framerate was at least tripled. 1.0 was unplayable, but now I am enjoying this game very much.

But... I need you help, guys!

What is the best/good tactic for first campaign mission?

I usually loose all my infantry. I use heavy arty support, but those poor men will die as soon as they disembarg from their vehicles. Also I usually loose few Abrams and several Strykers too.

How to kill those entreched syrians without killing all my troops?!?

You might want to give a linear arty mission with the Infantry target type for the air burst effect. That'll clean those trenches out double quick.

But generally I'd advise popping smoke before you disembark and then unload directly on top of cover. and then don't move them about much except when it can be done safely.

Use the firepower your vehicles provide to smash the Syrian strong points and mop up survivors in the trenches. Also, cleaning the trenches on the road side of the fort is a useful thing to start with, the rest you can leave for later, when the fort is in your hands.

To what do you lose your Abrams though? If you drive them all on top of the berm at the start you should deal with the dug in tanks nicely. Then keep two on overwatch on top of the berm at your right flank. Don't get them close to RPGs, you can hurt them from afar, they can't. In some instances you'll need to get Strykers close to the action. In that case make sure every Syrian nearby is either dead or being suppressed by heavy area fire.

Smoke really helps too.

I like to pull my strykers up to the building, pop smoke, and then let my guys rush in. This works pretty well.

As for the first campaign mission, you have to pound the hell out the everything with artillery. Then slowly move tanks through the breach. Don't forget to move your infantry with javelins up the berms. The javelins are extremely useful for taking out stubborn positions.

Originally posted by Other Means:

You can win that mission without losing a man.

Flatten everything with arty. Load up all Javelins (always do this) and go on top of the berm.

Shoot everything.

Flatten all the buildings with arty on "armour".

I didn't even have to enter the building, they just surrendered.

It's almost like cheating! :D

--