LOS and heights

Woest

hi,

i have some problems with heights and LOS. in a senario i have a squad in a trench, which is located next to a road. The road lies a bit higher then the ground left and right to it. so the squad is in the trench on the right side of the road. Now a bmp shows up 300m on the left side of the road.

Visually it looks like the squad could never see this bmp, but it does. and as soon as the bmp comes closer it will shoot at my squad, basically through the elevated road in the trench.

unfortunately i can't add a screenshot, but try the scenario "The Farm" MKII and you will see what i mean. Now we all expect certain thing from this game. So i hope this can fixed, because when looking at the terrain no LOS could exist in that situation and that is still how we look at the terrain to search for good positions....

Ground should stop small arms and even shells. I can live with the LOS abstraction but getting your men shot when clearly in perfect cover is frustrating and ruins all the fun, especially when previously CMx1 has "spoiled" you with an abstracted, yet robust LOS/LOF system which has made ground level POV you the best way to discover the map and enjoy the action.