What I would like to see

Omenowl

I know some of these are bugs and some are things I would like to see implemented.

1. The ability to put ammo back into the stryker. This is mostly my inability to make sure I don't get greedy and grab all 2000+ rounds of 5.56 ammo which leaves other units unable to grab any. This also applies to javelins, etc. I would like the ability for them to unaquire weapons or ammo if need be (or ideally resupply squads with other squads)

2. Squads didn't lose weapon systems when my squad MG in the stryker is shot. This mostly happened with the guy on the machine gun decided to carry the javelin rounds. I suddenly found him KIA and no ability to recover the javelins or the rounds.

3. An orderly storming of a house. I know this is a problem with the AI and fire teams, but still it would be nice if my units would use the building as a shield instead of running on the other side to get into the house.

4. Hunt commands that do not dissappear once enemy contact is made. It merely stops the unit until it no longer has contact with an enemy then it moves on.

5. Weird things with the squad not tending its wounded. It is an occasional bug, but still watch a squad sit around (spotting) and no one tends the wounded. I sometimes have to bring another squad over and they will tend the casualty.

6. An indicator on the type of cover and terrain squads or unit are in. Very nice from a bird's eye view to know if they are exposed to have light cover.

7. Replays. I like real time, but I still miss WEGO for the movie style viewing. It was really cool to watch attacks or explosions over and over again. That was one of the things that hooked me on CMBO. It would be pretty cool to watch a replay with all sides shown at the end of the battle for an after action report. It might take a lot of space, but still I have hundreds of gigs of unused space so I can always delete if I have to.

8. The artillery did not need to have to be line of sight. There are times I want to use a linear fire mission and am unable to get the whole building because it is blocked. Either I have to go to area effect or alter the line to encompass a larger/smaller area or simply can not use artillery. In an urban area where I can see half the building, but not the entire building it gets annoying.

I'd like to see a fall back command...like a reverse assault. Guys cover other guys while they retreat, 'cept this wouldn't be squad size specific. Just half or a quarter of whoever is left in the squad, to cover the retreat.

Mord.

P.S. I am loving this game more and more everyday!

[ September 07, 2007, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Mord ]

Originally posted by dan/california:

I really want a fire once command for AFVs and anti tank teams. In most cases the next order would be RUN FOR YOUR LIVES.

More seriously it would be great to be able to tell a tank to reverse of of a berm after taking a shot.

We could call it shoot & scoot, oh, wait, that is so CM1.