MGs keep packing up on rooftops

skelley

i do it that way; at first let em go to the roof, give em a cover arc in the direction they should look.

and THAN when everyone is standing and done you order deploy.

than they will stay in place with the deployed gun. at least i have to redeploy MG´s 1 or 2 times per battle if they are stationary the whole time, not every few rounds.

only exception is if the team shifts targets and one is in a totaly different direction, they pack up and move to another side of the roof but dont deploy there again.

i guess thats what you see.

you can counter that with the target arc, so they should ignore the ones outside and mostly do so.

This will be fixed with the next patch. Well, at least the point about them undeploying on their own without also automatically redeploying. The way it is supposed to work is you have them set up and they stay that way until either you tell them to break it down OR they are forced to do so due to circumstances (such as a long movement).

Steve

well, John J. R. was sporting his M60 from the hip but not so here. if MG´s arent deployed on tripod they have the bipod to use. the use of the bipod is assumed automaticly when you dont tell em to set up the tripod somewhere.

so if you dont deploy them they use still their MG to somewhat reduced accuracy but they dont switch to any possible backup weapon.

now that i think about, shooting the DHsK .50 (Sp!?) undeployed!? is that possible in the "game"!?

i guess in reality the syrian gunner would eye you pretty suspiciouis if you ordered that :D

I have seen the DhsK "walk up" ridiculous angles when firing non-deployed. I mean shooting at the moon kind of angle.

Like the poor dude was totally out of control of his weapon. Which you probably would be trying to control that beast of an MG with no tripod.

It's probably realistic and it makes me giggle everytime I see it so leave it well alone tongue.gif

I would make the case that probably 95% of the time when they get out of their vehicle they don't even bring the tripod with them, especially in a MOUT environment. Tripods are for firing from improved positions, not running around in a city. There are so few places you can set-up a tripod, plus it's a bitch to carry around (add in the pintle and the T&E), and it get hung up on everything. Leave it in the Stryker, you can call them up or go back and get it if you need it.

Originally posted by civdiv:

I would make the case that probably 95% of the time when they get out of their vehicle they don't even bring the tripod with them, especially in a MOUT environment. Tripods are for firing from improved positions, not running around in a city. There are so few places you can set-up a tripod, plus it's a bitch to carry around (add in the pintle and the T&E), and it get hung up on everything. Leave it in the Stryker, you can call them up or go back and get it if you need it.

Sounds like a good candidate for the 'acquire' command - same as the Javelin launcher or ammo.