Battle Scope

Ardem

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this is heated and its even got car crashes and a samurai commiting hare kiri...

Just to calm things down I think some of the problem has been because of symantics. I'm not sure if I posted something similar in this thread or elsewhere but I have said that some of the problem has been with different people idea of CMx2 being designed as a "Company" level similation.

For a while that term was scaring the hell out of me, but I think it was because posters are referring to different conceptualisations by this term. I was reading it as implying that CMx2 will be a concrete hard and set fast single Company commanders responsibilities only sized game.

I always thought of CMx1 as a Btln sized game which allowed me to handle a reinforced battalion sized force in terms of units that are Squads and teams of infantry and individual guns and AFVs etc. I hpoe that clears the air somewhat, but I will add this quote from another thread becase I think that it is relevent:

Originally posted by Pirx:

CM is definitely a combat simulator, not a command simulator. If it was a command simulator, all you would be able to see is your HQ. I know some people would like a command simulator better than the current game, becuase of the increased realism. Personally, I like the god-like omniscience of CM because I dont have to miss any of the cool little things that happen during the game.

Hmmm, (However, with relative spotting) I fanatically afirm that I agree! *froffing at the mouth* tongue.gif

I was reading it as implying that CMx2 will be a concrete hard and set fast single Company commanders responsibilities only sized game.
You apparently were more concerned about symantics than you were my explicit descriptions of what is and is not going to be possible with CMx1. I never, ever said that you would be limited to a single Company sized force. Not once. I also said that CMx2 is designed with the same concepts as CMx1, which certainly did not have a single Company sized force as the only option. And above all I repeated OVER AND OVER AGAIN that there are no hard limits coded into the game, so even if every single scenario we make has only a single Company in it, that doesn't mean your scenarios must.

The only thing I can conclude from this is that you have a much more difficult problem with reading comprehension than you do semantics.

I always thought of CMx1 as a Btln sized game which allowed me to handle a reinforced battalion sized force
As I have explained many times already, you've thought wrong. CMx1 was never designed for that nor is CMx2. If you can do it in CMx1 or CMx2 it will be because we did not prevent it, not because we designed it to be that way. So if CMx2's first game is unplayable with a Battalion+ sized force, don't bother complaining.

Steve