Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

*MOD* - UAZ469B

About a mod workshop, since its new its mostly seat-of-the-pants flying with CMSF. You crack open the .brz and start rummmaging through the art. smile.gif

Two 'techie' things i can say is 1) knockout is now done using a separate color channel, not the CMx1 100% magenta KO. and 2) file proportions still have to fall into certain parameters like CMx1. Pixel-per-inch width/height numbers remain 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2058ppi.

While we're patiently waiting for a site to host here's another upcoming mod:

VIEDBaghdadTaxi.jpg

Oh God, i suck at 'channels'.

Let me see... (opening Photoshop):

CM art is a RGB 'bmp' format file. in most art programs you can call up a window that allows you to manipulate the red, green, and blue colors separately. in Photoshop its called 'Channels'.

For a piece of art with some transparency to it a 4th channel besides RGB is needed ('make new channel') named Alpha 1. If you select Alpha 1 channel (with others turned off) and color the background 100% black the art will go totally transparent. if you color it 50% grey the original art will show through 50% If you draw a darker shade against a lighter shade you can do things like create the windshield wiper brush strokes, etc.

But be sure to save your file with RGB channels turned ON and that 4th alpha 1 channel turned OFF. Even though its off in the file the game will still recognize that channel as a transparency.

Whew. if you think my mini-tutorial hard to understand try figuring out what the heck's going on without guidance! It nearly drove me crazy. The best thing to do is go to the humvee or taxi photo and inspect their windshield art.

Alpha1.jpg

[ December 18, 2007, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]