Vehicle crews not changeable!?

Pandur

some QB´s ago i had a BMP1 with dead driver, i decided to bail the gunner, sat him in a BMP nearby, and brought up a reserve BMP1 crew from a rear area. i told them to enter the vehicle, they did, but they borded the passanger seats of the emty vehicle :confused:

also this takes some good amount of time becouse you cant order troops into a vehicle nearby when they still sit in a vehicle. some good turns wasted.

all this i did under some amounts of fire. in the end i was pretty fed up and wanted to abandom the vehicle with its 1 man crew. so i orderd the guy back into the BMP and had to see that the former gunner now got into the driver position :eek: and i was able to drive the vehicle back into safty.

now i come to ask if its normal that i need to bail the compleat vehicle if i need the gunner to drive instad of shooting, maybe this could be done easier!? i mean when i have troops inside i have to bail them too, more than unpratical.

and, is this intended that a vehicle cant be helped by another crew but its own!? it acually would make sense to bring a new crew like i tried, if time and situation allows.

also if i have a bailed veteran crew i surely could use em to replace a regular crew for example.

Originally posted by Pandur:

is this intended that a vehicle cant be helped by another crew but its own!? it acually would make sense to bring a new crew like i tried, if time and situation allows.

Maybe this depends on what kind of vehicle it is? At least in older versions I was able to use a new crew to replace the original. The vehicle was Humvee.

Pandur,

Dude - you obviously forgot to use the ACQUIRE -> Vehicle Keys order. They couldn't drive off until they got the right car keys. The gunner had them.

smile.gif

Seriously, thanks for finding this. Maybe it depends on whether any of the original crew survived?

Regards,

Ken

Maybe this depends on what kind of vehicle it is?
you mean like differences in the vehicles "personality" wich arent knowen to anyone but the original crew it was manufactured with!? :D

well i dont see why a BMP1 crew couldnt be able to move any other BMP1 at least to a safer place over a short distance, if not driving normaly and orperating the vehicle to the fullest.

honestly i didnt tried it with other vehicles so far, i never had to, but this time there was the need and enough time to do it.

Dude - you obviously forgot to use the ACQUIRE -> Vehicle Keys order.
LOL, acually that could be an option :D

Maybe it depends on whether any of the original crew survived?
thats a good question. i guess i will try a bit in a test scenario this evening. maybe that reveals some more information.

ok well, there wasnt much testing needed.

i put up;

for BLUE;

- Strykers

- MGS Strykers

- Bradleys

- Abrams

for RED;

- BMP 1

- BMP 2

- BTR 80

- T72 Turms-T

- T72 MV2001

- T72 M1

- T62 early

- T55

well, i couldnt change any crew of any vehicle.

i basicly bailed 2 crews of every vehicle type and tried to interchange them. vehicles wich had place for passengers made them ride as passengers and vehicles wich does not have passenger capacity, dont let onyone else in, other than their original crew.

so now i wonder why crews can be bailed out in the first place!? i mean; foot recon over a crest line...hm ok. but thats much work for a smal feature.

It would be nice indeed to have crews and vehicles not linked, so you can interchange crews.

At least realistic options.

I don't think its in line with the philisophy of the game to be able to have a Bradley crew take their chances in a parked M1. :D

But vehicles of the same type as the crew is trained for should be fixed.

It would also be very cool to be able to add empty vehicles to the scenariosm so these little buggers can choose which vehicle they take. ;)