questions about the new marines module

hi!I must confess I am a little dissappointed of CMSF for the lack of a few features needed for a decent sim and scenario editor.But I'm looking forward for at least a part of them in the new module.So...

1)Will it have a useful in-game AI artillery and air support?

2)New terrain like water,perhaps snow?

3)Anti Air assets?

4)new Quick Battle and Campaign generator?

5)A system(point based or anything else)to create somehow balanced blue vs red scenarios?

Thanks in advance!

I see there are new great features in WW2 game, but I would like to know the new features of the marine module in order to know if I buy it or not.A module wich only adds a few vehicles and uniforms will not make my day.

When I bought CMSF I was surprised not to see any AA,and when I found that the AI artillery and CAS didn,t work properly,this made me really sad. So,I'm looking to find at least these two things in the new marine module.

1)Will it have a useful in-game AI artillery and air support?
I'm not sure what you mean with this. The AI doesn't use air and artillery well?

2)New terrain like water,perhaps snow?
As I understand it, no water until WW2, and that would go for snow, too, perhaps even a Bulge or Eastern Front game.

3)Anti Air assets?
Out of scope.

4)new Quick Battle and Campaign generator?
No new QB system until WW2 I think. And I haven't heard anything about a campaign generator.

5)A system(point based or anything else)to create somehow balanced blue vs red scenarios?
That would fall under the QB system?

Cambronne - of course you'll get more than a couple of uniforms and vehicles. You'll get USMC TO&Es and at least one Syrian TO&E and some new vehicles for them (the one specifically mentioned is an airborne formation equipped with the BMD). On top of that I'm pretty sure you'll get a campaign and some scenarios thrown in.

Personally (waits for incoming) I'm not interested in the USMC at all but I'll buy it for the new Syrian stuff. On top of that the Modding community are bound to create campaigns and scenarios using the USMC module so that offers more gameplay as well. IMHO you'd be mad not to get it.

Cambronne you'll find that BFC keeps it's cards close until right before a release. You can understand that if they said that something was going to come out and it does not make it for that particular release...(heaven help that ****e storm) So knowing what we know it's a save beat to say yes, maybe, & no to those questions. The bad thing is he's not gonna say which right now. :(

[ April 19, 2008, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Huntarr ]

Originally posted by Cambronne:

I see there are new great features in WW2 game, but I would like to know the new features of the marine module in order to know if I buy it or not.A module wich only adds a few vehicles and uniforms will not make my day.

So why not wait until its released, read the description and comments about it here and then decide to buy or not?