Southern Alberta CM:SF Preview - July 14

If there is any interest in having a CM:SF preview at my place in Calgary, I'm willing to host. I know there are one or two fellows posting regularly from the Calgary area, probably some lurkers as well. If anyone can't wait til the release to see what the new game looks like, and thinks they can restrain themselves from commenting on the decor of my lovely apartment, or the uniform on my mannequin, I'd be happy to play host for an afternoon. Space is limited but I'm not anticipating a whole lot of interest; so I'll throw this out and see who bites.

Terms would be the same as rune's preview as far as disclosure. Can't promise head to head play except via hotseat (only one up to date machine unless someone wants to remedy that for the event), but if there is any interest, drop me an email at madorosh@shaw.ca

Specific date can be worked out if there is any interest; only two major caveats - will be on a weekend, and must be after rune's preview, so most likely in July subject to my own availability, since rune's is on the 23rd or 30th and I am out of town on the 30th.

If this was a joke thread, you'd be reading the "now if only I can get a copy of the game from BF.C and we'll be set" right about now; rest assured I have a registered copy of the beta and am happy to show it off in advance of the release subject to the terms outlined above.

If not, I'm looking forward to hearing all of your reviews of the game when it comes out. I think we'll have a lot of very interesting things to talk about come the end of July.

[ July 12, 2007, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Nah, no pity involved. More beer for me, then. I don't even drink the stuff. ;) Like I said, summer doldrums. There's something to be said about not ruining the surprise too; I'd be the last one to tell someone in advance what they were getting for Christmas.

I don't have the greatest rig in the world but the screenshot I took today of a Syrian MG crew says a bunch. Don't know if I can post it or not but suffice to say that compared to the early CM:BO builds:

cmscreen.jpg

I reckon we've come a long way. :D

cmsfscreenshot2.png

Not much salt here. You can even see the rip-stop material in the guy's shirt. He's not manning the gun because he's getting shot at.

That's it from me til Christmas, though. I believe Christmas is June 23rd at rune's in Chicago; looking forward to hearing some excited squeals on the forum come the 24th.

[ June 20, 2007, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by Other Means:

Mike, a little bit of a tangent but what are the specs you're running SF on? How does it look on your machine, how much of the eye-candy is switched off/on?

Cheers.

I'll only tell you if you write me a nice set of lyrics to the tune of the Airwolf theme song. Has to be CM related.

Originally posted by Other Means:

Look at them run now

Look at them shoot

A roadside bomb now

Oh what a hoot!

Watch as they cover guys

Watch them reverse

Incoming Bradley

Make it a hearse!

Easy.

I wish to hell I could get it out of my head, but after buying Season 8 of Seinfeld on DVD, anything is better than "Believe it or not, George isn't at home, please leave message, at the bee-eep..." which is what's been up there for the last week.

T6524 by Media Centre

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+

2.20 GHz

2000MHz FSB

612 KB L2 Cache

1024 MB DDR SDRAM Dual Channel

Running Windows XP Media Center Eedition 2005

Replaced the video card with whatever the hell you told me to buy in the GF. I'll check

Running the default settings, but pretty much everything turned on and getting decent framerates. I think.

Forgot all about this. Well, it was actually more of a "man-date" than a CM:SF preview. A fellow from the ASL boards wanted to get together to play ASL. Haven't played with cardboard in 15 years or so. I had a real date the night before; for her I put on a wrinkly t-shirt and we went walking by the river. It seems odd to think that I was more concerned with impressing him; I cleaned my apartment, vacuumed and even considered scrubbing the toilet. The CM:SF preview was a bit of an afterthought while he waited for his fiancee to pick him up after our game (she went shopping for shoes or something while he was enjoying my clean apartment). He was impressed but wasn't a huge CM fan so it was a bit wasted on him.

Steaks in TO are inviting. I've eaten beef in Ontario before, though, so I'll bring the meat. Actually, I've been to Ontario in the summer before and the humidity almost killed me. Perhaps when CM:Juno comes out we can arrange something. Play your cards right, maybe you'll be on the beta team, and I'll be visiting you.