Allah's Fist Revisited

Hi all,

When CM:SF first came out, I remember "Allah's Fist" became a sort of benchmark for people having problems with the game. Frame-rates of 5 or 10 FPS were not uncommon.

Since the game is now a lot better due to all the patches, and as I hadn't played this scenario in ages, I thought I'd revisit it.

Well, to cut a long story short, I had a blast. My M1 platoons took a very heavy beating, so I will have to play again to see if I can do any better. However, it was very apparent how much CM:SF has improved. Vehicles reacted realistically to threats. One M1 took a hit that killed the TC, prompting it to pop smoke and reverse. Another M1 popped smoke when it ran out of main armament ammo. Everything seemed just right, apart from maybe one incident when an M1 took a rather round-about path to a waypoint - but it was beyond some trees so maybe the TC was trying to go around the palm grove.

I will have to play it again but thought I'd share my experiences in case people haven't played the scenario in a long time and are put off it by the performance issues of the initial release.

It seems that there aren't enough open desert armour engagements in the game right now. Maybe scenario designers should give us a CM:SF version of Prokhorovka rather than the usual urban affairs?

Armour Attacks is an excellent scenario, and pretty tough. Im playing it at present and just got my Blue force badly shot up by an armoured counter-attack whilst redeploying in the open.

Scenario is VERY resource hungry though due to huge map and lots of units....

Originally posted by Webwing:

Interesting Cpl Steiner!

I for one avoided the big scenarios as well due to my outdated video card at the time.

I might give it a go now.

You should also try Armour Attack by George Mc.

-

"Armour Attacks!" is much bigger than "Allah's Fist" and is far more demanding of a machine's capabilities.

Well worth it though if your machine can run it.

Glad you liked "Operation Sandstorm". It is designed to be a bit easier as "Operation Campsite" was very tough.

Breakout is a standalone scenario which is Armour v Armour in a wide open environment. Try that one from www.cmmods.com

I designed the campaigns but used my hubbies handle for cmmods. Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 month later...