14 new beta CMSF Screenshots posted today

As a response to fan requests, wehave released a series of screenshots today that are sure to please any Armchair General. The screens depict “Base Camp Training” and “Urban combat against Unconventional troops” in more detail.

In addition to these screens, we have also included a series of screenshots depicting an Unconventional fighter lobbing a hand grenade from the rooftop on the street below.

Stryker%20squad%20dismounted%20advancing%20into%20town.jpg

CMSF Screenshot Gallery #5

Armchair General is using an early beta build with unfinished textures. We usually avoid showing untextured units for the official screens, that's why. Textures, like most pure eye candy, is the last step in our development schedule usually, so the amount of properly textured units that will be shown in the next weeks will be increasing steadily.

Martin

Originally posted by Angryson:

2: Are you going to correct the barrel length on the M203?

Actually the length of the M203 is correct for the shorter M203A1 which is designed for use with the M4. At this point we will likely stick with the M249 already in game but may slip the extendable stock version in in an expansion.

[ May 24, 2007, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Great screens, so beautiful, and the soldier animations look improved too (or just my imagination?) Regardless, so awesome that the doors actually open on the vehicles. Do they provide cover too? Just wondering if the soldiers do the fighting-from-behind-the-doors-while-dismounted tactic we see so much with police and some of the Iraq vids.

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Angryson:

2: Are you going to correct the barrel length on the M203?

Actually the length of the M203 is correct for the shorter M203A1 which is designed for use with the M4. At this point we will likely stick with the M249 already in game but may slip the extendable stock version in in an expansion. </font>

Originally posted by Angryson:

Damn. The SAW thing makes baby jesus cry. Or at least my SAW gunners.

Really though, where did you hear about the 203? I have heard zip about it. I would like to know fo' sho'.

Angryson, I dont have time to dig out the details just at the moment but when we made the 203 many months back I beleive the info we had indicated that the 203A1 would be the replacement for the 203 in the near future due to its better compatability with the M4.

If this turns out not to be the case though this is an easy one for us to adjust in a patch, along with the SAW stock smile.gif