’73 Arab Israelis War module?

Got more British DPM than you can shake a stick at :D In fact, it is one of the most complete parts of my collection.

Nicdain,

Check out this:

http://www.esercito.difesa.it/root/Uniformi/unif_servcombnew.aspNow tell me you guys wouldn't want to command troops dressed in that stuff? ;)

Steve

[ October 19, 2005, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Battlefront.com ]

Since Steve's link was missing the new Finnish m/05, here is an official picture about our camo (picture provided by FDF):

1112074324_Taistelijanvaat_2PIENI.JPG

Note the not so good ballistic protection and absolutely ridiculous eye protectors (er, goggles).

But performance data is not that bad, the camo mimics nature's own infrared reflection up to a 1350nm wavelength and the lightweight composite helmet (weight less than 1000g) can withstand fragments traveling up to a speed of 600 m/s (calculated by using a 1.1 g fragment).

Other interesting tidbits: The new wet weather jacket (picture not available) can resist mustard gas up to a 24 hours. Our actual NBC gear is performing better, but at this point I feel obliged to mention that even our old wet weather jacket (or raincape, to be precise) was capable of protecting its user from proximity nuclear releases. Or so they told us... ;)

All data official, btw.

A better pic about ballistic protection:

1112074354_BallistinensuojaPIENI.JPG

EDIT: +a, +h

[ October 19, 2005, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: SSgt Viljuri ]

Rigged for playing paintball, by the look of it. And a scope on a Kalashnikov-knockoff, of all things.

;)

Posted by Steve:

Got more British DPM than you can shake a stick at In fact, it is one of the most complete parts of my collection.

Knackers. There must be something I can bribe you with for a sooner-rather-than-later British Module?

flamingknives wrote:

And a scope on a Kalashnikov-knockoff, of all things.
Well, there are three different types of scopes available (personally I have had a different one).

What comes to "a Kalashnikov rip-off", namely a Sako 7.62 RK 95 TP, its not that bad weapon at all. Not great, though.

Naturally there are other weapons for special forces (including H&Ks), but as a standard issue personal weapon, RK 95 fulfills its role, especially if the Finnish terrain is considered (lots of foliage, trees, stubs, branches and so on; basically you need a bit heavier weapon, both caliber and weight wise).

Originally posted by SSgt Viljuri:

[snips]

But performance data is not that bad, the camo mimics nature's own infrared reflection up to a 1350nm wavelength

...which is doubtless great stuff, but I still wonder at the wisdom displayed (apparently by most of the world's armies) by wearing greeny-browny woodland camouflage in a bricky-concrete urban setting. Khaki drill would probably be better.

All the best,

John.

Originally posted by SSgt Viljuri:

Altough I'm sure nobody is interested, here's an example of our desert camo (a pic from Afganistan, a guy on the left is an Afgani soldier):

Does the Finn look a bit like Dorosh?

Really I thought the guy with the finnish flags was the Afgani and the swarthy fellow was the Finn.

Originally posted by John D Salt:

[snip] but I still wonder at the wisdom displayed (apparently by most of the world's armies) by wearing greeny-browny woodland camouflage in a bricky-concrete urban setting. Khaki drill would probably be better.

All the best,

John.

Well, compared with the wisdom of painting that wooden fence to look like brick...and using chalk to touch up spots that they missed...I would say actually wearing clothing is more that could have been hoped for.